Sign in to follow this  
Say

Back to caravans after 25 years away

Hi all

we have recently brought a Bailey Pageant Champagne 2007 and oh my how things have changed since my first caravan almost 25 years ago and costing me all of £75 !

On a more serious note is there any thing in particular I need to know or just to be aware of about our new (to us) caravan ? 

Also awnings, Isabella was the Rolls Royce of awnings back in the day, is this still the case ?

I use to pitch up at North Denes Lowestoft right in front of the sea wall.

back then it was Council run site,  I’m guessing that’s  all changed now as can’t find anything on google about touring vans being allowed there.

be a shame if that’s the case.

regards

Say

So welcome back!   I'm sure you'll soon get back into the way of doing things.   Yes! Isabella is still top of the list although there are plenty of other good makes.   My own is a Trio, bought off ebay eight years ago and is still good after being in use lots of winters away.   Times have changed.   Where once camping and caravanning was allowed, now new regulations have stopped it.   Back in the 70s and 80s, my family took our caravan onto the dunes on the Solway Firth in Cumbria.   There we pitched our van, put up our awning and camped for a couple of weeks at a time.   Now, parking is restricted to just a few plots with Pay and Display.   Hope you enjoy it.

• Thanks 1

We did the same 4 years ago.

Biggest differences I found were Alko hitch stabiliser - brilliant, and fully serviced pitches (not that we use them all the time) - again brilliant!

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

That is some "gap year" !

Welcome back . . .

Gordon.

Welcome and I had  a Bailey Pageant 2007, the last of the Pageant range and great vans and completely dry. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we enjoyed ours,