Pippsy

2016 Sprite Major 4SB

Just used our first ever caravan over the last few days and loved every minute of it. When opening the windows is there a trick for them to stay open on the long hinges/rams as sometimes the windows would stay open on there own and other times they’d want to drop back down. 

Thanks in advance 

Davey

Most window stays have finger screws that you loosen to open the window, and then tighten to hold the window at the desired position 

Posted (edited)

All the side windows on this van have an open position and don’t have finger locks. The front ones do. 

When you push them open you’ll hear a faint click, if you let go of the window there it’ll stay in place. Unless a gust of wind gets under and then it’ll self close. At any other position it won’t stay open. 

Edited by Fireman Iain

On 18/07/2019 at 16:13, Fireman Iain said:

All the side windows on this van have an open position and don’t have finger locks. The front ones do. 

When you push them open you’ll hear a faint click, if you let go of the window there it’ll stay in place. Unless a gust of wind gets under and then it’ll self close. At any other position it won’t stay open. 

Thanks Iain

I have the same window stays which sometimes are reluctant to click and hold open.

I find opening the window with a quick action to the click point overcomes this.

I never have a problem lifting my “click-click-click” window stays - but I have great difficulty when I come to put them back down again.

You’re supposed to lift them about an inch, then they’ll drop all the way down - but I’ll often spend 10 minutes or so (until my arms ache)trying to get it to work until it suddenly decides to go.

Is there a knack to it?

John

(Apologies for the slight thread drift, Pippsy, but it may actually be the same issue)