dobo

Thetford Caravan Door Parts

Good Morning, I have just rang thetford to get a part for on of my caravan doors, (number four in the photo) I am absolutely furious. I was told I would have to buy a new door which would cost £59.52 for a part which would cost no more than 10p to make.  I am quite prepared to pay for this part but am not going to pay nearly sixty pounds for something which costs coppers to make. Wouldn't you think This company would send this out free as a good will gesture.

Screenshot (1) copy.jpg

Posted (edited)

Could you get a door from a caravan  breakers yard and use the part you need?

Edited by terve
  • Like 1

Maybe they buy it in as an assembly. I have got a spare door in the garage. I have used the lock but I think that part is still there. You are welcome to it but we are not home until the end of August.

Ian

24 minutes ago, IanV8 said:

Maybe they buy it in as an assembly. I have got a spare door in the garage. I have used the lock but I think that part is still there. You are welcome to it but we are not home until the end of August.

Ian

thanks ian i will private message you

Hi Ive just been told the same thing!  My broken part is number 2 in the diagram above.  The man who does our servicing is pricing up the part now.  As we are away we will have to travel back with the door taped shut :(.    

Don't suppose you have one of those on your spare door IanV8?  Pretty please 🤔

Have you looked on Prima Leisure ( Bailey Parts ),they might just have it.

https://www.primaleisure.com/

Ian

Hi,  ive had the quote from service centre £75.98!!

They will transfer lock over BUT I still have to take door off and refit it.  

Ive found the door without infill on Prima Leisure £63.48 incl delivery but i then have to work out how to transfer infill and lock....

a huge expense just two weeks after having it serviced for a tiny plastic part😢

Will see if i can find fitting instructions and any caravan breakers....id be grateful if anyone knows of one. 

Hi David, 

thanks for link but my door is a Thetford model. 

1 hour ago, maidmarionuk said:

thanks for link but my door is a Thetford model. 

You may find what you want on this website

Edited by Jaydug

Cheers Jaydug,  

Have sent them an enquiry.  Fingers crossed.  

Just a thought - is there a list of caravan breakers on the site? I found some but so many seem to have closed 😦

43 minutes ago, maidmarionuk said:

Cheers Jaydug,  

Have sent them an enquiry.  Fingers crossed.  

Just a thought - is there a list of caravan breakers on the site? I found some but so many seem to have closed 😦

I used to have a list but even if I found it, it would be out of date.   Try Googling "Caravan Breakers in your area"

I am back in UK but had a busy week getting ready to run this weekend’s rally. It is on my to do list so will get sorted this week.

Ian

That would be great.   I’ll hold off ordering the whole door then and switch to looking at U tube etc to see how to get door off.   Many thanks

Sorry guys looks like a different kind of lock, this door has two separate locks.

497A49A9-5F38-464E-828A-D638C92482D5.thumb.jpeg.d2be9d8f6adc4164bc5dc9a7d5a6164e.jpeg

The toilet cassette locker door lock on my 2006 Bailey Ranger 460/2 failed a couple of years ago. I dismantled the lock when I discovered that a replacement door from Bailey parts would cost >£100. I have used Gaffa tape to temporary seal the door since the lock became faulty.

Just over a year ago I took the caravan to a caravan service and repair company for a chassis service where it was hoped that they could repair the lock from the lock components which I had saved. They were unable to repair the lock as one key component was missing.

Prima Leisure do not appear to have the appropriate locker door in stock.

Thanks for looking IanV8.  Looks like I'll have to cough up some hard cash to get a new door then.  

I'm looking for Thetford door spare parts as well and again - It's buy a new door for the sake of a couple of bits of plastic.

Disgraceful that all of the rest of the door will end up in landfill, let alone the cost.

3 minutes ago, SteveMilner said:

I'm looking for Thetford door spare parts as well and again - It's buy a new door for the sake of a couple of bits of plastic.

Disgraceful that all of the rest of the door will end up in landfill, let alone the cost.

That's modern manufacturing and distribution for you!