Sign in to follow this  
GaryB1969

Cleaning a black car

No-one has mentioned Demon Shine which I use on my Black D4 after washing and drying with chamois. It removes any drying streaks nicely.

Wife has dark blue car and you will notice when the weather forecast hot weather coming up from Europe it usually carries a dust that when it rains it leaves muddy marks . 

I have had black cars and never again .

Dave

On 17/07/2019 at 12:24, Wunny said:

Nothing shows the dirt more than a black car and then as you know, they are a pig to clean and finish.

There are a couple of options:  Get a gold coloured car - Gold is the colour of dirt.  I had a Harvest Gold Marina which only ever had the glass and lights cleaned.  I had that car for 18 years.

I moved on to  Landovers, where dirt and mud enhances their street cred.

When we had red cars, I got nagged by OH to clean them, but usually God did it for me with the wonderful Welsh rain.

The current car is dark grey and I didn't have to wash it for 3 years, as it was in the dealer's so often and they washed it every time, however, there seems to be a lot of gold coloured dust in the air at the moment and I've already washed it twice this year.  I don't do any of that polishing though!

A Marina for 18 years !!!  surely it would have rusted completely away in 18 years LOL !!

3 minutes ago, Malc Edge said:

A Marina for 18 years !!!  surely it would have rusted completely away in 18 years LOL !!

We had a batch of Marina Estates and vans at work and they were possibly the worst vehicle we ever had. Unfortunately once we'd got them we had to keep them for five years (company policy on capital purchases). 

Our purchasing dept must have got a good deal when they were purchased but in the long long term any benefit we got in the purchase price was eroded in maintenance, repair and hire costs whilst they were off the road.

They cost us a fortune to keep them running and the bodywork patched up - the the local bodywork shop loved us as we must have been their best customers.

6 minutes ago, Malc Edge said:

It was stored for the last 6 years and yes, there was a bit of rust.  Sills had been replaced , door mirrors had fallen off and put back with wood and plastic padding.  Rear springs were replaced with after market heavy duty van springs and the exhaust silencer wore an aluminium foil and plaster cast coat and it never rusted away again, although the connecting pipe fell apart a couple of times!'

I loved that car and so must have the person that stole it!

once You’ve washed and dried as per some of the advice on here, one of the best products I have ever used is Autoglym Rapid Detailer with several micro fibre cloths it removes all those left over marks from washing and drying.

like others I clay bar once a year but I use colonite 260 twice a year and even use it with my da to remove any swirls.

have done this on all our cars, caravan and also including the garaged, used on high days and holidays other love of my life!!

Autoglym snowfoam then polar seal then dry off with microfibre cloth polar seal onece a month only have a look on Halfords site for videos 

works a treat on my xc60 

• I do not understand 1