Powrtouch Evolution Mover - lost cover

millerhouse12

The grey cover from the nearside unit on my manual Evolution mover has gone missing. Given how difficult these things can be to remove, I suspect that somebody thought they had more right to it than me, especially given the astronomical cost of the replacements. Powrtouch will only sell these covers as a pair at a cost of £40. I contacted them to ask if single covers were available, pointing out that few people would lose both covers at the same time. However, they were unrepentant and simply gave me a link to purchase a new pair. The new ones appear to be blue and have added a screw to make them more secure, so it looks as though I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a pair unless someone on here has a spare nearside grey manual cover to sell. If I buy the pair, then I guess I'll be putting the existing off-side grey cover on a well known auction site. Powrtouch are often praised on here for their levels of customer service, but their attitude to spares provision doesn't seem very friendly to me.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

I had the same happen, and I would offer you the spare, but it was my nearside that went missing as well.

Incidentally mine looked blue onscreen as well, but arrived grey.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a long shot but I have lost the offside cover from my manual Evolution mover.  Millerhouse12 or Stevan if you have still got the offside cover I would like to buy it from you. 

I am after the remote control plastic holder, if anyone can provide??

PM me if you can please.. 

1451922558_Powrtouchremotehandset.jpg.81e15d36acd2f001ce6ce4fb046127ce.jpg

Edited by kiaboy
Image added

3 hours ago, Bulko1 said:

I know this is a long shot but I have lost the offside cover from my manual Evolution mover.  Millerhouse12 or Stevan if you have still got the offside cover I would like to buy it from you. 

I have one of these for sale - as new, is the pic the one you need? Dont suppose you are anywhere near Norfolk?

4162B609-7B83-40EE-A397-4CA97D57D18F.jpeg

8 hours ago, Bulko1 said:

Hi

I do still have the cover but mine is not as new - it was on the caravan for 5 years. Up to you which you choose, just PM me if you're interested.

John M

Evolution Cover.jpg

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Thank you both for your response. I Have just been to the storage yard to double check my mover cover. As it turns out mine is the latest Powrtouch dark grey covers.  I know the one you are offering would fit but I prefer to have a matching set. Thank you for your very kind offer anyway.

1 hour ago, Bulko1 said:

Thank you both for your response. I Have just been to the storage yard to double check my mover cover. As it turns out mine is the latest Powrtouch dark grey covers.  I know the one you are offering would fit but I prefer to have a matching set. Thank you for your very kind offer anyway.

Why do you need a matching set? You can only see one at a time, and other than you, no-one will notice, or remember what colour the one on the other side is!!!

On 20/11/2020 at 18:24, kiaboy said:

I am after the remote control plastic holder, if anyone can provide??

PM me if you can please.. 

They are very rare as not supplied with new movers anymore. I bought one of these which works OK.

image.png.3e48b1fa236ef38ada8167bdb0e3bac1.png

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

2 hours ago, KnausCol said:

They are very rare as not supplied with new movers anymore. I bought one of these which works OK.

image.png.3e48b1fa236ef38ada8167bdb0e3bac1.png

Thanks for that, do you leave yours inside whilst travelling, and if so has it ever fell out due to going over uneven ground? This is a good price too. 👍

1 hour ago, kiaboy said:

Thanks for that, do you leave yours inside whilst travelling, and if so has it ever fell out due to going over uneven ground? This is a good price too. 👍

Yes, I have the holder stuck to the caravan wall above a shelf just inside the entrance door (this image is stock without the actual holder). The remote is a nice fit so has remained there so far.

remote location1.jpg

Life is not a rehearsal . . .:)

Porsche Cayenne S Diesel & Knaus StarClass 695. Previously Audi S4 Avant & Elddis Super Sirocco

14 hours ago, KnausCol said:

Yes, I have the holder stuck to the caravan wall above a shelf just inside the entrance door (this image is stock without the actual holder). The remote is a nice fit so has remained there so far.

remote location1.jpg

That is good news, thanks, will look at getting one if I fail to get hold of a second hand one soon.