comms1

Adria flip down sink with kids - feedback

Hi Adria owners

I'm interested to get feedback on how practical the flip-down bathroom sink is for children to use as I'm looking at upgrading our earlier model Altea to one of the new ones.

We had a look at one at a dealer and I can see a few potential problems with the kids getting fingers trapped when closing the sink or letting the sink slam shut,  the tap getting broken if its not spun back in before closing the sink up and closing the sink too quickly before the water has fully drained out? 

The folding sink is the one sticking point that's holding me back upgrading. Any feedback would be really appreciated thanks!

I think you have answered your own question by pointing out all of the perceived issues. If you’ve thought of them they will all, at some time, happen. 

Andy

• +1 1

When we went to view a brand new Adria at Highbridge the sink was already broken.  Poor design and not very robust.

I have not had an Adria, but have had a flip down sink in an Elddis and in a ....Motorhome ( shh don’t tell anyone). They were robust enough if treated carefully, but would not fare well if rough handled, swung on, tipped up when full ( which is VERY tempting to some children) etc.

We made sure that we supervised the children who had “previous” on general rough handling, when washing and teeth cleaning, and told them to wash hands in the kitchen sink much of the time.

Nanamel

Also interested as one of the reasons we feel better to stick with our 612 DT Adora in 2012 is that in 2014 they updated the caravan and one of the updates was changing the sink to a drop down. 

I was more concerned with kids breaking it but your other concerns are just as valid.

Anyone WITH experience of the Adria any comment?

We've had a few issues with the drop down sink unit - the tap failed (flooding the van) and had to be replaced under warranty, the mirror bonded to the sink degraded (went brown at the edges) and all three mirrors (including the sink) had to be replaced (warranty again) and the waste pipe split flooding the caravan.  It's not an easy fix either given the design of the fold down unit.

I love the water ingress integrity of the Adria - and my wife loves the styling - but the bathroom is doing my head in!

Edited by tmanx
Typo