We were due to collect a new Compass Casita on Saturday 13th July, however received an email from dealer saying it had failed final inspection at factory due to shortages. I have asked exactly what the shortages were and have been told they are related to “soft furnishings”. Dealer cannot get a new delivery date from Elddis so I have emailed them myself. Have leave booked for next week so need to know will we have a caravan or to make alternative arrangements. Has anyone else had such an issue .

As dealer offered to loan you a caravan?

Can you find a dealer with one in stock?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

11 minutes ago, David 38 said:

As dealer offered to loan you a caravan?

Can you find a dealer with one in stock?

The caravan may arrive before weekend, it is not knowing that is the problem / annoyance. We have asked for additions on caravan so a stock one not an option. Never thought about a loan 🤔

Delivery date being delayed for various reasons is not uncommon. Unless you have a set delivery date agreed in writing there is not a lot you can do except maybe Talk the dealer into some kind of goodwill gesture.

• Like 2
  • I do not understand 1

I think I know what I would do if the late delivery bu.... up my holiday!

• I do not understand 1

Ern

6 hours ago, Benny65 said:

Hope you get it this week as the factory 3 weeks annual holiday is fast approaching, probably this Friday.

The news just keeps getting worse 😱

10 hours ago, Stevan said:

Delivery date being delayed for various reasons is not uncommon. Unless you have a set delivery date agreed in writing there is not a lot you can do except maybe Talk the dealer into some kind of goodwill gesture.

We have already had issues with the dealer as I didn’t feel my business was being appreciated. However that was all smoothed over and were told they never have delays ! 

6 minutes ago, connorefc said:

We have already had issues with the dealer as I didn’t feel my business was being appreciated. However that was all smoothed over and were told they never have delays ! 

The trouble is that they have you over a barrel! You still want the van you want and most likely you cannot get that exact van anywhere else any quicker. The only comfort is that if you are trading in you should be able to carry on using the old one until the replacement arrives.

Yes we experianced the same when buying a 2016 cruiser.bought in oct 15 and told delivery would be first week in jan.second week came.rand elddis and .they said Dont know where dealer got that fro as yours is listed for first week in march. So had deposit back and went elsewhere with 1 instock and cheaper too.

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

is it not something the van can go back for once you've had your holiday?, unless its something really hindering the vans usage then as long as your happy to take it with this fault then it shouldn't stop you going on your holiday.

7 hours ago, Caravantech said:

is it not something the van can go back for once you've had your holiday?, unless its something really hindering the vans usage then as long as your happy to take it with this fault then it shouldn't stop you going on your holiday.

I think its the cushions they cannot get hold off???

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

11 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

I think its the cushions they cannot get hold off???

Where these one of the extra features you chose?

If so could you change your mind to these standard ones?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

• 5 weeks later...

Meant to update 😬.

we picked up the caravan 19th July and went away Saturday 20th, couldn’t  have cut it much closer.

Wow, that was close !

I would find it difficult to get our things into it in such a small time, also would have not like to set off with untried equipment in it.

Hope everything worked and you not forgotten anything essential to pack.

Are you liking it?

Regards, David