Sign in to follow this  
James McMullan

Coachman Pastiche/VIP concertina room divider between bedroom and living area

I have been thinking of seriously buying a coachman but I am put off by the flimsy and insubstantial concertina type room divider. Does anyone know if the vans can be modified in anyway to provide a more substantial and effective divider such as perhaps a sliding door?

On what age of 'van??? If an old one then seems a DIY job...new? ask the factory/dealer?

geoff

We have the Coachman Pastiche with the concertina type room divider. We think it is ideal for the job, easy to draw across, easy to push back and stow away neatly out of sight, has given no problems, it's a good quality privacy screen which is what it sets out to be. 

Posted (edited)
On 13/07/2019 at 11:55, James McMullan said:

I have been thinking of seriously buying a coachman but I am put off by the flimsy and insubstantial concertina type room divider. Does anyone know if the vans can be modified in anyway to provide a more substantial and effective divider such as perhaps a sliding door?

We have a 2015 coachman vip 545 island bed ,centre bathroom then entering lounge area we have a proper wooden door with chrome handle no screen divider but presume these might be on this particular model ? As only 3 .5 yrs old this is home from home spent a lot of time shopping around for this model now waiting for a motor home with this layout . Had 2 Swift challengers , Single beds and also cross over bed these were new traded previous 2 in succession in 2012 /2013 lost a lot of money as we saw this model and couldn’t resist worth a look . 

ACF22FCC-2399-49E5-8189-98D8755CF476.jpeg

May be some further help James a  couple of more pics P&J

F942930D-DC0F-4DE8-9F9A-0BD48860A5DD.jpeg

Edited by Lrover every time
Car number

I moved away from Coachman; the frame strength wasn't up to much and the van was very heavy with so much wood in it. We don't find the concertina type door much of an issue but I can readily see how families with growing children would prefer a more substantial partition. Perhpas you could look at other layouts such as the centre washroom/toilet type?

Lrover

Thanks for your input. Is it not the case though that with the end bed layout in the Pastiche your fixed bed length is on 5'10"? Which for our purposes is too short.