Jsellars

Price guide for static caravans?

Hi was wondering if there was any price guides out there for static caravans. I know parks and dealerships must use glasses guide to value there caravans like they do for touring caravans that isn't available to the general public. But there must be something out there available for the public. 

Edited by Jsellars

This has been brought up before and the answer was no.....location,location,location plus age and condition seems to be the watchword.

Geoff

54 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

This has been brought up before and the answer was no.....location,location,location plus age and condition seems to be the watchword.

Geoff

and how much the park owner can rip you off!

Some time back a haulier friend took three sited, near identical, static caravans in exchange for a debt. He 'traded' them as rentals for a year and found that his return,and hassle, was not enough to keep them all. One in the Lake District was sold for about £18k, the 'sister' near Filey £13k and he keep the other one in Scotland for his own use. Now I do not know how much site rentals were or positioning on site affected prices but it does show there can be a big difference area to area.

geoff

I would like to know the price difference between the Lakes and, say, the OP's area of Bridlington.

According to Rightmove,  a search from Bridlington with a 10 mile radius gives holiday statics/lodges with prices ranging from £12,500 to £150,000.

The same search from Windemere gives prices ranging from £27,995 to (gulp) £650,000.

That was not a misprint - £650,000. The next most expensive was (only) £450,000.

Falbarrow holiday park, if anyone wants to rush off and spend the kid's inheritance.

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

I would like to know the price difference between the Lakes and, say, the OP's area of Bridlington.

Filey was near enough to Brid for me...The Lakes one was near  Windermere,but the prices by 2Seaside are frightening.....of course some will have 12 month residential which means a lot too.

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

The prices mentioned are for holiday use only. Some may be on 12 month sites, but none were for residential use (all residential are 12 months, but not all 12 months are residential...).

12 minutes ago, 2seaside said:

The prices mentioned are for holiday use only. Some may be on 12 month sites, but none were for residential use (all residential are 12 months, but not all 12 months are residential...).

Fair comment amigo.

geoff

They used to say that Ocean going sailing was like standing fully clothed in a cold shower ripping up £5 notes (twas the'60s).

It seems to me that static caravan ownership is the same but with £50 notes. But there are members on here that love them.

The Lakes is a National Park with strict planning laws so relatively minimal number of static caravans available whilst between Scarborough to the north thro’ Filey down to Bridlington there are many holiday parks. If you then go south of there to include the coastal resorts round Bridlington Bay there are many more. The drastic difference in number of statics available would no doubt cause a differential in prices.

However different parks even on the Yorks Coast still sell at a wide range of prices and the same new make & model was for sale last year priced at £55,000, £ 59,000, & £ 79,000 on 3 sites within  a few miles of Bridlington.

Edited by DaveE1