Crankjoe90

Hairline cracks on the battery box fixing plate

hi new to this i have a lunar cosmos 3 years old and hairline cracks on the battery box fixing plate by the fixing screws have been plcked up on service. Does the box need replacing or is it just cosmetic? Many thanks

Please, could you post a photo of the cracks?  If it's fibreglass a repair would be easy.

I take it that your 'van was put in for service before the 3 year was up, if so then wouldn't it would be fixed under the warantee ?

Warranty does not cover battery box after 3 years which I am just outside

Not fibreglass but plastic

2 hours ago, kelper said:

Please, could you post a photo of the cracks?  If it's fibreglass a repair would be easy.

Hi 

The surround of the battery box on my 2017 clubman cracked in the first year of ownership. It was replaced under warranty, as it was glued in the repair entailed cutting the back of the box off and then carefully cutting around the adhesive to remove the front surround. The replacment  complete box was then fitted and fixed in place with adhesive. Campbell's carried out the repair as I waited it took about 4 hours. They gave is a voucher for the shop for refreshments. I suspect your locker would be out of warranty. It is possible that if your locker was glued in place this could create a seal behind the cracks

Sandy

Edited by sandy
Typo

My Clubman also had new battery box under warranty following first service sue to hairline cracks, caused (according to Campbells) by overtightening of the screws in the factory.

Also same problem with ehu housing, bbq point and near side wet box, all replaced along with battery box.

On 11/07/2019 at 13:43, Crankjoe90 said:

Warranty does not cover battery box after 3 years which I am just outside

Not fibreglass but plastic

My warranty in general says annual service can be done 6 weeks before or after purchase date anniversary but for third service says 6 weeks before.   Same with 6 th service that is 6 weeks before.