Sign in to follow this  
Luping98

ISABELLA MAGNUM 340 OVERLAPPING WINDOW?

We have the above awning and recently changed our caravan, the awning will fit but will on one side be across the window, can anyone advise if they have erected an awning across part of the window please.  We really don’t want to change the awning as we only use this one for around 3 weeks each year.  Any advice would be appreciated,

Lots of people object to this, but we did it many times with no problems.

I did it for years covering a front lounge window which I found a bonus as I could see outside but also inside the awning without looking to see anybody by opening the door .

Dave

Hi Stevan Thank you for your reply, well as long as it seems ok then I would much rather use the awning we have than get another. :)

Our Magnum used to cross the front window on our Bailey Pegasus and it was generally fine, but after leaving it up in gusty winds we did discover that it had slightly scuffed the window. Just be aware of this in windy weather.

On our little Elddis there is no option other than to cross the lounge window.  We just wipe the window first so it is clean and the pad is not rubbing in window dirt. OK it doesn’t give such a good seal compared to it being on a wall, but it is no big deal imho.

nanamel

My previous awning crossed a small window - so I used a short length of pipe insulation fitted to the awning edge and, as said, made sure the window was clean first.

John

Hi

If you look at most years Isabella brochure's nearly all the porches are shown going down a window ,seems not a problem in Scandinavia, when working the shows for Isabella the Danes express surprise that we even mentioned that a porch may go down a window ,apart from cosmetically looking odd from inside the van and it not being as tight to the van as it could it is normally not a problem going down a window with the padding

Steve