Sign in to follow this  
avondale4

A myriad of choices !! Brake shoes ?

Hi guys it’s been a couple of years since I have posted on here under Avondale4 however knowing there are some very knowledgable people on here I would

like to ask a question. I have a 2006/7 bailey pageant series 5 Bordeaux I need to change the brake shoes on her  but I am clueless where to find them or which ones they are Bailey , Knox etc ? 

i would  appreciate some assistance from someone in the know please. 

They will be Al_KO brakes and the size will probably be 2051.

12 minutes ago, avondale4 said:

but I am clueless where to find them

You will find them in the hub,,,,,,,,,,seriously though, western towing will have them and are a good place to deal with.

If you want to make absolutely sure of size you can remove the brake hub and measure the distance across the shoes as fitted, and the depth of the shoe.

For 2051 the distance across the shoes will be 200mm and the depth of the shoe will be 51mm.

You will also need two new one shot hub nuts and a torque wrench capable of applying 290Nm .

Brecon thank you very much indeed i will take a look when i take it apart, i was aware of the one shots but not the size of the shoes once again thanks  ,one more question do you know what torque the wheel nuts should be please ? .

oh and another question if i may ,one shot nuts are advertised as three main sizes m22 m24 m27 and m32 are these measurements for the hex nut (spanner) size and not the bore ?

Shawn

Edited by avondale4

The M-number is the size of the socket you'll require to fit the nut.   Most Alko axles require either M32 or M36.   Get the same as your existing ones.

12 hours ago, avondale4 said:

one more question do you know what torque the wheel nuts should be please ? .

If you have alloy wheels the torque is 120Nm, if you have steel wheels it is 88Nm.

Thanks a lot my friend much appreciated