Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly Bathplug

Picked up Caravan today

We picked up our new to us, Secondhand Coachman VIP 575 today.

Purchased from private seller, but only after service engineers 3 hour inspection report  and approval.

First time ever towing experiance, except for Caravan club towing lesson, and everything was fine. No major problems with towing, sure & stable on road with no wobbles even when closely overtaaken by juggernauts.

If you find a near side towing mirror on the M6 near junction 15, please return to sender, as it fell off going through roadworks.

• Like 2

Enjoy your new 'van.

Geoff

• Like 1

Next time make sure you have secured the replacement mirror firmly. When I fit my Milenco Aero's, I always give them a tug so I know they are attached?

Welcome and enjoy! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, David P said:

Next time make sure you have secured the replacement mirror firmly. When I fit my Milenco Aero's, I always give them a tug so I know they are attached?

Welcome and enjoy! 

I use Milenco Aero's with Milenco F Pads,  I'm amazed how many times I can re-tighten, as the rubber compresses, usually fit night before travel, re-tighten when loading car next day then again with final departing checks.  Fit and go I'm sure they would fall off at on the motorway and possibly damage the van.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Grizzly Bathplug said:

We picked up our new to us, Secondhand Coachman VIP 575 today.

Purchased from private seller, but only after service engineers 3 hour inspection report  and approval.

First time ever towing experiance, except for Caravan club towing lesson, and everything was fine. No major problems with towing, sure & stable on road with no wobbles even when closely overtaaken by juggernauts.

If you find a near side towing mirror on the M6 near junction 15, please return to sender, as it fell off going through roadworks.

As you probably have a post 2012 Jeep GC you need to buy V adaptors if using Milenco mirrors.  They can be bought on eBay.  Hope this helps as we had the same issue.

• Like 1

Thank you Durbanite, ordering now.

Hi,

I entirely agree with Toein. Using the appropriate rubber pads for your mirror design is vital and not emphasised enough by Milenco et al. With my Skoda Superb,  I use Grand Aero's with F pads. Since using these pads I have not lost a mirror, although I have previously lost one on the A11, and had one taken off by an overtaker cutting in too sharply on the A5. I also now make a habit of putting the mirrors on the night before towing and re-tightening the screws in the morning before departure. They can always be tightened further then, after they have been compressed overnight. Oh - and I still carry a spare mirror in the van!

Cheers

Paul R T

Sign in to follow this