Sign in to follow this  
mprcomp

Emove 303A

Has anyone used a single set of these movers on a twin axle caravan? If so how well did it work or not? I appreciate you don't get amazing ability to move van with single mover on a twin van but the price of an AWD just seems mad. Found second hand for decent price. 

A bit late here but yes, i fitted one myself to our 2018 Sprite Quattro EB last year. Easy to use and reliable although the turning circle is best described as "large"! There is a switch on the control module for single or twin axle applications.  Let me know if you want any photos

On 08/08/2019 at 22:23, GaryB1969 said:

A bit late here but yes, i fitted one myself to our 2018 Sprite Quattro EB last year. Easy to use and reliable although the turning circle is best described as "large"! There is a switch on the control module for single or twin axle applications.  Let me know if you want any photos

Hi

Slightly delayed reply, but I'm thinking of fitting the the same to our Quattro EW. Did you fit it to the front or rear axle?

I have a TA with just a pair of movers on one axle. I have  them on the rear axle and raise the front of the van on the jockey wheel to take some of the load off the front axle. In twin mode the van turns like a 50p coin, turns a little, runs straight for a couple of seconds then turns again so manoeuvring it is a little ponderous but so far not been a problem. I could have gone for an AWD setup  but didn’t for two reasons; firstly I find the way than an AWD mover twists and ‘winds up’ the suspension and tyres alarming to my engineers eyes and secondly it would chip into the small payload my van had when I bought it. (since upgraded) Weight I’d rather save for the Self levelling system I have promised myself one day

• Like 1

I only really want it to make life a little easier when it comes to levelling and pitching in tight spaces.  I've never had one before and always managed to get in places, just think it might be easier now and again.

Rear axle makes the most sense, but then I'd need to either relocate the spare to the inside, or to get the brackets so it can be mounted further back.

1 hour ago, craigderby said:

I only really want it to make life a little easier when it comes to levelling and pitching in tight spaces.  I've never had one before and always managed to get in places, just think it might be easier now and again.

Rear axle makes the most sense, but then I'd need to either relocate the spare to the inside, or to get the brackets so it can be mounted further back.

On both the TAs I’ve had I’ve moved the spare to inside the van, under the bed as far forwards as possible and ditched athe AlKo carrier 

On 14/12/2019 at 15:49, craigderby said:

Hi

Slightly delayed reply, but I'm thinking of fitting the the same to our Quattro EW. Did you fit it to the front or rear axle?

A delayed response from me! I fitted mine to the front axle but if I did it again I'd fit it to the rear as already mentioned. 

Sign in to follow this