Sign in to follow this  
meadowsweet

Overnight near cherbourg port

Hi

We are booked on the 8.30 am crossing Cherbourg to Poole on Tuesday next week having always previously taken the afternoon crossing.  Can anyone recommend a site nearby?.  There is Le Village Vert 8 miles away and also Camping Cotentin which is very close  not great reviews but only a night. Need to check in  to ferry by 7.30 am latest.  Just wondering about whether campsite barriers would  locked leaving so early.  Any advice appreciated about sites or has anyone stayed overnight at port?

Many thanks.

When catching the early crossing from Cherbourg, I just booked in the night before and sat in the queue.

The nearest I know of to the port is Castel camping Anse du Brick.

Don’t know if they do overnighters, or what time the barrier opens up?

Camping Manche La Gallouette – Cotentin

Camping Municipal

News Caravan Camping Blanche Nef

These other 3 are a bit further afield, the same applies as above?

Camping municipal at Valognes - 12 miles south  of the ferryport by the main road. - 20 pitches - clean and tidy facilities - no barrier at the entrance. 

LE Grand large is nearby and a nice site on the coast overlooking the channel isles, not sure what time the gate opens though.

Camping Les Pins (or whatever it is now called, Village Vert I think)) near the Auchan at the top of the hill heading out of Cherbourg, on the way to Valognes, is geared up for ferry traffic and ideally situated. I'm pretty sure CM Valognes has an overnight barrier. A bit further out, the CM at St Mere Eglise will open the barrier at 06.30 if you ask the day before, it's about 30 minutes to the ferry.

Thanks for tips. Going to the village vert. Its a bit hot to overnight at the port.