Sign in to follow this  
Sea&Sand

Compact stackable pot and pan set advice.

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of pots and pans for caravan use, would prefer aluminium to reduce weight, but also compact when put together to save space.

Realistically the set cannot be ultra small as it has to be practical for cooking for 4.

I viewed this link 

Any recommendations along the lines of the pot and pan set shown in the link please.

12 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

Hi,

I'm looking for a set of pots and pans for caravan use, would prefer aluminium to reduce weight, but also compact when put together to save space.

Realistically the set cannot be ultra small as it has to be practical for cooking for 4.

I viewed this link 

Any recommendations along the lines of the pot and pan set shown in the link please.

Aldi and Lidl have such sets from time to time.

• Like 1

Got ours from Dunelm of all places. 

• Like 1

Got the Kampa set, all folds into one stack with lids.

Only niggle is the handles are two piece as the wrap around the pans for storage but for now much we use them they are very good and light weight. 

I try and do most of the cooking on the cadac and these work on that too. They have a storage bag as well which keeps it all together.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Got the Kampa set, all folds into one stack with lids.

Only niggle is the handles are two piece as the wrap around the pans for storage but for now much we use them they are very good and light weight. 

I try and do most of the cooking on the cadac and these work on that too. They have a storage bag as well which keeps it all together.

+1 for the Kampa set

• Like 1

Tefal Ingenio teflon bowls with one detachable, shared handle to save space and make stacking easier. Also have aluminium bodies to reduce weight. Teflon is toughened by a stone appearance finish that works well against the surface scratches etc.

Steve

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, marchie1053 said:

Tefal Ingenio teflon bowls with one detachable, shared handle to save space and make stacking easier. Also have aluminium bodies to reduce weight. Teflon is toughened by a stone appearance finish that works well against the surface scratches etc.

Steve

Good quality pans, but not cheap. You may find them cheaper in an outlet such as the Designer Centre, York. Our caravan has an odd collection of pans, which work well for us and would probably replace with Ingenio when they wear out.

John.

• Like 1

++++1 for Tefal Ingenio. Brilliant system, nonstick coating seems much tougher than most other non-stick pans. We  use them in both the van and at home. Now Induction hob compatible.

Best of all, CMC has a 50% discount offer going this year, even cheaper than Tefal’s Outlet store near us in Swindon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrBob said:

++++1 for Tefal Ingenio. Brilliant system, nonstick coating seems much tougher than most other non-stick pans. We  use them in both the van and at home. Now Induction hob compatible.

Best of all, CMC has a 50% discount offer going this year, even cheaper than Tefal’s Outlet store near us in Swindon.

Another one of Ingenio.  We bought the Kampa set but sent it back before we even used it.  Issue with quality.  Got a refund including postage quickly.

• Like 1

We bought the Ingenio set(s) for the van and we liked them so much we ended-up buying another for use at home!

As said, not cheap but, they'll see us out!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

It so happens that I popped into Aldi today and just as 'beejay' posted they have an aluminium pot set in store.

They will do for my needs, just need to see if the OH thinks they are aesthetically acceptable to her :rolleyes:, if they are then I will give them a go.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/adventuridge-camping-cookware-set/p/016965280653100

The Tefal Ingenio's look like really good kit, but I won't be spending that much money on some caravan pots, but thanks for the suggestions, I am sure that they are a better long term investment over the £19.99 Aldi stuff that I might buy :D.

Anyways, I appreciate all of your help, cheers lads.

John

Edited by Sea&Sand

I showed the OH the Aldi pot set, it looks too much like a camping set she said.

Will have to look for something fancier now. :blink:

6 hours ago, Sea&Sand said:

I showed the OH the Aldi pot set, it looks too much like a camping set she said.

Will have to look for something fancier now. :blink:

Yes it does, mainly because it is! lol 

I have an earlier version bought from Makro, under their Footpath brand many years ago, just aluminium, no ptfe coating,  The set worked well and came with stainless steel tea pot / kettle, 4 plates, 4 cups, two pots, with lids that also doubled up as frying pans, a spatula and ladle.  I used it loads when lone motorcycle camping.

We take it if we are out for the day and picnicking and want a cuppa when there are no cafes about.

Found this Similar, to mine but still a camping set.

We looked at the Tefal ingenio set for our van, but even with 50% off through the caravan club we still considered it expensive for four items. A couple of weeks ago I called into our local Lidl, who had sets of saucepans and frying pans exactly like the Tefal ingenio set with removable handles. There were 3 different size saucepans and frying pans in each set for £14.99, bargain and with a 3yr warranty. They all stack neatly inside each other taking up less space which is ideal for the van, so we bought both sets for a grand total of £29.98 and I can confirm that they are very robust.

Will check out Wunny and Llew's suggestions, thanks  lads.

I always worry about saucepan sets with removable handles! I understand why they would be attractive where space is limited, like camping, but if not attached correctly could cause a bigger problem than in the kitchen at home. 

David

53 minutes ago, klyne said:

I always worry about saucepan sets with removable handles! I understand why they would be attractive where space is limited, like camping, but if not attached correctly could cause a bigger problem than in the kitchen at home. 

David

We have sets of Ingenio at home and in the caravan. I purchased them (not at the same time) when in France. You get a set of 4 pans, frying pan, lids, handles and utensils for €40 or there about, E. Leclerc (Supermarket). We have 2 handles at home and 2 in the caravan and never had a handle detach from a pan!

A tip!

To anyone who has this type of pan set in the caravan, get some Anti-Scratch Pan Protectors. Stops the Teflon rubbing off when in transit.

46 minutes ago, David P said:

We have sets of Ingenio at home and in the caravan. I purchased them (not at the same time) when in France. You get a set of 4 pans, frying pan, lids, handles and utensils for €40 or there about, E. Leclerc (Supermarket). We have 2 handles at home and 2 in the caravan and never had a handle detach from a pan!

A tip!

To anyone who has this type of pan set in the caravan, get some Anti-Scratch Pan Protectors. Stops the Teflon rubbing off when in transit.

Yes good tip to stop the Teflon from scratching in transit, I use the bubble wrap that they came with.

Cheaper to use sheets of kitchen roll to stop the scratching...

On 05/07/2019 at 09:39, John19 said:

Good quality pans, but not cheap. You may find them cheaper in an outlet such as the Designer Centre, York. Our caravan has an odd collection of pans, which work well for us and would probably replace with Ingenio when they wear out.

John.

Same as us. We do a lot of cooking and get by with one large saucepan, one small and one very small. We also have a large nonstick heavy based frying pan from IKEA. We have the felt protector for the frying pan. Along with the stove pot espresso maker they all go in the standad Sprite pan cupboard.

I've never seen the the need for non stick in anything other than frying pans which makes any worries about scratching irrelevant.

We have Tefal Ingenio frying pan + 'stone finish' saucepan for the breakfast porridge; Remoska for oven cooking [superb muffins made fresh!] and a Slow Cooker for caramelised onions cooked overnight. Stinks the campsite out, and it make you really hungry when the 3am bathroom trot occurs, but hey ho!

Steve

I've been looking at the Tefal ingenio range and wonder if any of you use the glass lid for them in the oven. Some info says they're safe up to gas mark 4, but elsewhere it says the lids should be removed if using in an oven. I'm a little confused, which is nothing unusual :blush:. At the moment the CMC discount isn't of any use as the supplier you have to use to get the discount seems to be out of stock of most of it.

Thanks

John

50 minutes ago, johntog said:

I've been looking at the Tefal ingenio range and wonder if any of you use the glass lid for them in the oven. Some info says they're safe up to gas mark 4, but elsewhere it says the lids should be removed if using in an oven. I'm a little confused, which is nothing unusual :blush:. At the moment the CMC discount isn't of any use as the supplier you have to use to get the discount seems to be out of stock of most of it.

Thanks

John

According to the Tefal website FAQ, the glass lid with silicone seal is limited to 250 Celsius in the oven; but the FAQ says that if the lid is in contact with a direct flame, the silicone may deform and the lid glass may then crack. We don't have lids; we live a simple life!

Steve

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Cheaper to use sheets of kitchen roll to stop the scratching...

99cents for 3 felt pads E.Leclerc. I have seen them in Wilco! But not as cheap as a coule of sheets of kitchen roll, but they last a lot longer. I know I am on about France, but they do a lid for all size pan diameters, one lid fits all or there about's, If you don't fit the plastic handle, we put it on the top of an ingenio and cook in the oven. We did have doubts about the glass lids in the oven. We also have the plastic ones so when cold can put the pan in the fridge!

Easter we went to a CL at Frome, OH wanted to go to Street, Clarks village. From the Tefal shop I paid £28 for a large frying pan (no handle), as we are not going to France this year! will have to stock up on our next visit!

Edited by David P

+1 for the ingenio - we use it at home and in the van.  Bonus is that they can be used in the oven, then attach handle to remove from oven.  Brilliant invention and very long lasting..

• Like 1