Sign in to follow this  
Grizzly Bathplug

After 2 years, now i can get my first van

After 2 years of selling my late parents house, & it falling through on 3, yes 3 occasions, we have finaly sold it.
Inheritance will now allow me to purchase my first caravan, seen a few we like, now just have to make up our minds which way to go.
May even look at buying privately, as it looks like there are some good deals out there at the moment.
I will keep you updated as to progress, and what we buy.
Grizzly

Good luck with your search. Just bear in mind that if you buy privately you will have little redress from the vendor if you finish up with a lemon. 

Best of luck with your search and do keep us in touch as you proceed.

I have CRiS checked caravan & HPI checked, all is in order.
We have a mobile independant engineer going to storage who will check van over.
Water,Electric & gas appliances will be checked, having seen hundreds of caravans in the last 2 years, this is the cleanest & best kept we have seen.
It does look too good to be true, but all the signs are that it is a true gem.
We will get manufacturers warrenty swapped over, it still has 15 months warrenty on it, like i said after all this time viewing so many different vans, you get a feeling when you find the right one.
Grizzly

If you might have to make a warranty claim under the transfer make sure if supplying dealer is local or factor in having to travel.

A lot of problems reported in these forums on warranty work.

Hi David

Caravan dealer when purchased in 2018, is based in Gloucester, not too far to travel from Staffordshire Moorelands.

Hopefully no warrenty work will be needed, but if it is, i can stay with family in Bristol whilst it's fixed.

• Like 1

To the OP - have you even enquired why the seller is parting with a van 18 months old or less? A 2018 caravan up for private sale seems fishy to me.

Yep, the VIP is not big enough for his needs, and he is upgrading to a Twin axle.

He got a derogatory trade in value.

Sign in to follow this