Sign in to follow this  
Zuberry

Caravan payload

Just knock 54kg off the maximum payload in the car as towing allowances from car manufacturers  are usually based on a fully laden vehicle .

Check your weight plate .

2 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Just knock 54kg off the maximum payload in the car as towing allowances from car manufacturers  are usually based on a fully laden vehicle .

Check your weight plate .

The 54kg that you refer to would be the minimum noseweight which one would have to allow for anyway when measuring the car's overall weight.

3 minutes ago, Lutz said:

The 54kg that you refer to would be the minimum noseweight which one would have to allow for anyway when measuring the car's overall weight.

The extra 54 kg would be part of the combination trainweight however it is carried so he would have to loose 54 kg from the vehicles payload to stay legal .

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

The extra 54 kg would be part of the combination trainweight however it is carried so he would have to loose 54 kg from the vehicles payload to stay legal .

But the 54kg (or whatever the noseweight actually is, so it would normally actually be more) are part of the payload so nothing is lost.

Edited by Lutz

6 hours ago, Oscarmax said:

Our 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 was  stock model we had to pay for the payload upgrade to 1554kg, however, we are changing our towcar this year, the manufacture has put a 1500kg maximum towing limit, I have contacted Swift they have informed I need to contact my supplying dealer to downgrade the payload to 1500kg.

I would not waste your money going for a downgrade, your next car might have a higher towing limit so the extra could be used then. Just do as Lutz has suggested and do not fill the caravan to its MTPLM.

Our caravan is kept in storage so everything goes in the car and the caravan is not much greater than the MIRO although the car can tow the MTPLM. This probably stops us taking too much stuff. Some car manufacturers allow the towing weight to vary by having load transfer between the trailer and caravan as long as the train weight is not exceeded but the handbook could say the stability might be affected if the trailer weight is high.

On 27/06/2019 at 21:30, Borussia 1900 said:

I’d order one without a shower, Waste of space, i’d never use it.

What’s that smell? :ph34r:

You can take the lad out of Barnsley, but you can't take Barnsley out o't lad. No offence :D

8 hours ago, Flat_at said:

You can take the lad out of Barnsley, but you can't take Barnsley out o't lad. No offence :D

Non taken 😀

• Like 1