blondchaser

What an increase !!!

Received my renewal notice in from C & cc today for the ancient box on wheels.

20+ % increase over this years premium !!!!

However, after a few "well chosen words" eventually managed to get it down to under 10% increase.

How are you good people finding your renewal quotes ???

Bloody awful actually but thanks for asking.

40 quid up on last year.......  I reckon my "well chosen words" were better than yours as I got it down to a tenner less than last year.  :)

I’m also with ClubCare (C&CC) - mine went down £2.50 this year, and I’m on ‘new for old’.

John

Just tried Eversure and added the 10% discount code and it was competitive compared to the CMC. 

The C&CC used to be cheaper but at last years renewal had gone up vastly.

• Like 1

Mine with C&CC went down £5. Market Value.

John.

Posted (edited)

Glad I am with NFU any increase in premium is cancelled by the mutual bonus, been with them for 15 years never had an increase in premium. I had 2 claims both was sorted within 2 working week.

Edited by oldboy

51 minutes ago, oldboy said:

Glad I am with NFU any increase in premium is cancelled by the mutual bonus, been with them for 15 years never had an increase in premium. I had 2 claims both was sorted within 2 working week.

But their premiums are eye-watering - for me.  Was with them some years back but increases, year on year, got too much despite no claims, points or changes in anything,   I got quotes from them last year and the year before which were £300 dearer than my renewal with LV=.

• Like 1

Make sure your value is correct, if cover is market value it usually is less each year and if new for old then you  increase most probably.

Posted (edited)

Whether car or caravan it is always worth shopping around. I did not do that this year with my caravan because it was only a couple of pounds dearer than last year.

Had my car renewal a couple of weeks ago which I thought was OK being a couple of quid cheaper than last year. Then I had an Email from Confused.com following up on my search last year, £72 cheaper with the same company for similar cover. A quick phone call to my existing insurer (LV) and they dropped the price to match! 

Edited by Stevan

24 minutes ago, beejay said:

But their premiums are eye-watering - for me.  Was with them some years back but increases, year on year, got too much despite no claims, points or changes in anything,   I got quotes from them last year and the year before which were £300 dearer than my renewal with LV=.

I did not know LV do caravan insurance.

1 hour ago, oldboy said:

Didn't think NFU did caravan insurance!

37 minutes ago, Vanning Man said:

Oh yes they do,  they are in insurance business like everyone else. 

Ours has been about the same since 2014 when we bought the caravsn new. This year it's gone down about 40 pounds. New for old with the C&C C. 

300% increase  !!!   Did not renew with that company.

13 hours ago, Dobloseven said:

Ours has been about the same since 2014 when we bought the caravsn new. This year it's gone down about 40 pounds. New for old with the C&C C. 

Do you increase cost of replacement caravan each each year?

We are with Comfort and find their increases, year on year make it not worth shopping around.

We had a VW Camper insured with Adrian Flux and at renewal, the premium was up 30%! Plus they charge an arm and a leg to amend anything.

We've also found Staveley Head to be very fair. I know the do motorhomes, not sure about caravans.

Russ

Towergate were up 20% as well.  Annoying since inflation is about 2.5% so we are told!

Told them where to go and used MyInsurance at less than previous years price with Towergate.

On 27/06/2019 at 18:18, Vanning Man said:

Mentioned elsewhere by me...my NFU premium slightly down this year owing to Members Bonus....Had two massive claims with them including total loss...brilliant to deal with.

geoff

Mine went up £2 this year as had two claims

Posted (edited)

Renewed with Caravanguard at the end of Feb.

Changed from 5 year old Bailey Olympus to a new Bailey Phoenix.

Premium change from last year???

£70 LESS, and yes it is new for old cover which I didn’t have on the old caravan! 

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Is the replacement value less then for this latest caravan?

No, the value is about double between the two! 

I have checked the paperwork carefully, all is as it should be.

Andy

Caravan has gone up a quid (CMC) but AA are trying to put the tug up by £100 on the basis I'm now retired, have removed business and commuting from my cover and reduced my estimated annual mileage by 7000!

How the hell does that work??

Cheers

Keith

Please don't swear and if it doesn't work for you then go elsewhere. Try a comparison site.

Just renewed with the caravan club - exactly the same as last year to the penny - £152.71

swiftcover decided to put the X5 up is I changed to Hastings direct and saved £150!