Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyboy1

Leveller’s. Caravan Levellers

Hi all, I guess this has been talked about before but I thought I’d raise the topic again.  Caravan levellers, NOT, I hasten to add the plastic block types, but the Bulldog, Milenco type.  I appreciate that they are hard to use, I also appreciate that although the manufacturers say you can use a rechargeable drill, you can’t, that is unless you’re lifting your child’s plastic John Deere trailer. And, I know you need a ratchet type wrench to effect the lift, however, does anyone out there have any experience using on of these and if so how do they perform, please

geoff

Don't waste your money on the Milenco Aluminium Leveler, I had one briefly and found it very difficult and slow to use. 

The supplied ratchet is next to useless, very flimsy construction which felt it was going to fall apart in my hand - I used a suitable sized socket instead. The thread on the lifting screw is very fine and takes forever to start to lift the wheel. Then with the weight of the van (Bailey U3 Cadiz) beginning to make itself felt the screw is very difficult to turn.

Went back to using a wooden ramp and sold the Mileco unit on.

Having tried a ramp a few times I lashed out on a Lock'n'Level… Brilliant piece of kit.  Currently on Sennen Cove CCC site (lovely despite 45kts of wind from the east).  It added no more than 5 mins to pitching without a leveller.  I've also discovered that the £2 "red triangle" level is out, dramatically... The thwartships glass tube must be inserted on the slant...