Sign in to follow this  
l1oydo

Knaus Star Class & Hymer Nova

I’m not having much luck sourcing one of these.

Looking for something 2007-2008 sub 8k, 4 berth.

Tried eBay, Auto Trader, Gumtree...nothing.

Am I not looking in the right places? Happy to travel to Europe to pick one up if that’s an option?

Thanks.

Have you tried https://www.mobile.de/?lang=en? it would surprise me if you can't find anything there, especially with respect to the Hymer Nova. If it has to be the Star Class the website probably won't dig anything up because the Star Class is a UK market only offering, but if other Knaus models such as the Südwing or Azur are also a possibility you should find something, too.

and that there is why I joined this forum. Thank you Sir.

Star Class is favourable because of the UK spec. Is there a Hymer UK spec equivalent?

Still not having much joy. 

Maybe I need to expand my choices. 

Any suggestions? Family of 4 (6&3).  UKCS and festivals.

The vans you are looking for are very much in a niche market and are going to be pretty scarce because there are so few in use in the UK so you may have to bide your time until one becomes available.

Every caravan purchase is a compromise, and availability has to be one of the factors considered.

If availability is important to you, you may have to compromise some of your other criteria.

Posted (edited)

I couldn’t agree more and I’m happy to play the waiting game.  Given my model search was so narrow, I was merely just reaching out to understand if there were other caravans people thought were worth considering.

Edited by l1oydo
spelling

7 hours ago, tonypep said:

There's Knaus starclass and Hymer Nova's for sale on Marketplace on Facebook.https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/247895882715056/

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/327203037962056/

Thanks.

Yep, these are the only two available. Was looking for a fixed bed though.  

Strange why why there is a gulf in costs between these two.

Not sure of any catches, contact any you're interested in and go from there. 

Posted (edited)
On 26/06/2019 at 09:03, l1oydo said:

Is there a Hymer UK spec equivalent?

We have a 2006 UK Spec Dethleffs caravan which is very similar to the Hymer Nova (Dethleffs are part of Hymer), very similar build and many of the same interior fittings.  Dethleffs used to make UK spec caravans up until about 2008 or so, and you do see them for sale occasionally.

Edited by hoopyfrood

4 hours ago, hoopyfrood said:

We have a 2006 UK Spec Dethleffs caravan which is very similar to the Hymer Nova (Dethleffs are part of Hymer), very similar build and many of the same interior fittings.  Dethleffs used to make UK spec caravans up until about 2008 or so, and you do see them for sale occasionally.

Something similar to this..?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/994083100982540/

On 27/06/2019 at 14:53, l1oydo said:

Yes, very similar.  We have the 530, which has a different layout (same front end, but centre bathroom and a bedroom / dinette at the rear with a siding door.