Sign in to follow this  
kelper

Thank you CT Forum members

I just want to thank all the members here for their good advice.  I've just been out for a one-day trip to a local campsite.  Following all the advice I developed a checklist to follow before setting off.  As I left the campsite I went through the list and realised that I had forgotten to unwind the motor mover.  I could have shredded my tyres.  This was our first caravan adventure.  We went to Altnaharra.  The wardens were brilliant, helpful but not obtrusive.  They patrolled the site all day scooping up the many sheep droppings.

Sadly it was dreich.  Meaning constant rain.  I did struggle erecting the awning for the first time but we managed in the rain.  It made such a difference for our wee Freedom lightweight.  The awning kept the rain out and trebled our living space.

Sadly, due to the rain, we did not mix with the other campers.

The site is beautiful and peaceful.  It has a toilet disposal point, but not much else.  They sell Calor Gas.

• Thanks 1

I have left the mover on the wheels a few times.  You can tell instantly.  Don’t think the caravan moves at all.

Having said that I know someone who drove a few hundred yards until the warden stoped him.  Things were hot but did settle down.  I can not see how he didn’t know.

John

7 minutes ago, kelper said:

I just want to thank all the members here for their good advice.  I've just been out for a one-day trip to a local campsite.  Following all the advice I developed a checklist to follow before setting off.  As I left the campsite I went through the list and realised that I had forgotten to unwind the motor mover.  I could have shredded my tyres.  This was our first caravan adventure.  We went to Altnaharra.  The wardens were brilliant, helpful but not obtrusive.  They patrolled the site all day scooping up the many sheep droppings.

Sadly it was dreich.  Meaning constant rain.  I did struggle erecting the awning for the first time but we managed in the rain.  It made such a difference for our wee Freedom lightweight.  The awning kept the rain out and trebled our living space.

Sadly, due to the rain, we did not mix with the other campers.

The site is beautiful and peaceful.  It has a toilet disposal point, but not much else.  They sell Calor Gas.

You can't win! Our nearest town, Kirkcaldy, had the Promenade [A921] closed because of flooding yesterday, as was the local swimming pool! We are at our hovel in the Vendee in France at the moment and have barely been able to get outdoors as the heatwave begins to ramp up the temperatures! It's now dropping back to 29 or 30 degrees but at 5am tomorrow it will be a delightful 18 degrees before climbing to a forecast 37!

Steve

How is Kirkcaldy the nearest town if your in the vendee>?

1 hour ago, marchie1053 said:

You can't win! Our nearest town, Kirkcaldy, had the Promenade [A921] closed because of flooding yesterday, as was the local swimming pool! We are at our hovel in the Vendee in France at the moment and have barely been able to get outdoors as the heatwave begins to ramp up the temperatures! It's now dropping back to 29 or 30 degrees but at 5am tomorrow it will be a delightful 18 degrees before climbing to a forecast 37!

Steve

The rest of Fife survived ok yesterday although very wet - we're stopping at Forth House, just up from Upper Largo, where the slope helps the drainage. I'll settle for the 21 degrees this "heatwave" is expected to be here.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, b4bill said:

How is Kirkcaldy the nearest town if your in the vendee>?

We split our time between Scotland and France; and clearing off on cruises. But occasionally, reality intervenes [or hospital appointments], and then it's 'back up the road' to Fife.

Steve