Sprogmit

Awnings again

Hi I have a Swift Challenger 560 2008 model I'm pulling my hair out trying to find out what porch awning I can use with the van I'm aware that I can't have an air framed one as the awning rail starts to dip just above the door any suggestions on what would fit the bill many thanks in anticipation

Very puzzled by your questions as I've used 3 porch awnings on a few caravans and never had difficulty using.

Regarding the dripping rail having used air and frames why would the air drip and not poled as to me awning goes in the rail just the same.

Sorry I ment the awning  rail starts to curve downwards  just above the door so I haven't got a perfectly  strait  rail the full length of the van.

Thanks 

Would a modified small full awning do the job with the problem door end awning rail having the whole rail used?

IMG_20190625_113842.jpg

Can't see any problem with that for my Kampa Pro Air.

I would fit with left air pole down right side of window and locker.

we had a challenger 540 and the porch awning would fit between the front window and the door and then back to the  bedroom window.  Looking at your picture, again, is the kitchen on the door side as I can see the fridge vents and a smaller window. Is that the problem that you don't want to cover the small window?

Posted (edited)

You have nothing to worry about, the drop in the awning rail is minor. My parents borrowed our air porch awning on their old ABI and the rail drops a lot more than yours. You can splay the end panel outwards slightly if you had to lose any excess.

Edited by GaryB1969
  • Like 1