shipbroker

Aldi Specials 27th June 2019

Notice amongst the Specials this week they are doing Blue Diamond Toilet Fluids again, at £5.99 for 2 Litres.

geoff

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

My Aldi have had it for a couple of months seems a regular stock item, pink too.

This might help.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-06-27?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3AFamily+Camping&page=3

Have just noticed the ECO version too at £5.99

At other places Eco is usually more than blue so I've always bought blue.

Edited by David 38

If you wait till they've just got a few left to get rid of, they'll often sell them for much less. Worth looking out for and stockpiling a few. 

Our nearest Aldi is just down the road from CMC Thirsk Racecourse site and things like this,and awning floor tiles/ rock pegs etc went quickly last time.

Geoff

42 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

If you wait till they've just got a few left to get rid of, they'll often sell them for much less. Worth looking out for and stockpiling a few. 

Yes last week I got the caravan electric kettle For £8 had been £10.

Home Bargains sell the Blue Diamond Toilet Fluid 2 litres for £4.99.

Our local HB's do not stock the green variant.

I've seen sites say use the green is it because they just green people or their disposal different?

Any different results in our toilets between the two?

Can we mix them without them being compromised in effect?

Like the HB price, HB more convenient than Aldi.

3 hours ago, David 38 said:

Can we mix them without them being compromised in effect?

No, the point of green fluid is that it doesn't kill the bugs in septic tanks and the like which are to be found on farms...Blue does, ruining the whole mini ecosystem.

Nearest HB 28 miles and never seems to have other than tent pegs and torches in their camping section, Aldi about 10 miles. But as level of concentrate in Elsan is higher we use their special offers,usually via Ropers where we get an extra 10% as we bought a 'van or two from them 15 years plus ago!

geoff

1 hour ago, shipbroker said:

No, the point of green fluid is that it doesn't kill the bugs in septic tanks and the like which are to be found on farms...Blue does, ruining the whole mini ecosystem.

Do these sites give a warning before you book or travel so one can buy some Eco?

5 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Do these sites give a warning before you book or travel so one can buy some Eco?

Well I always have both both, usually if using either CL's or Commercial sites they do mention the need for green fluid.

geoff

12 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Well I always have both both, usually if using either CL's or Commercial sites they do mention the need for green fluid.

geoff

If mentioned before I prepare caravan that would be ok I guess, but if only on arrival I'm afraid mine would already have blue in and sadly get tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

2 hours ago, David 38 said:

If mentioned before I prepare caravan that would be ok I guess, but if only on arrival I'm afraid mine would already have blue in and sadly get tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

Well don't tell us here that it was you that shut 'em down then! But I have only been on one site ever where this information was not available beforehand.

geoff

The only one I have come across is the C&CC site at Bellingham. They sell Thetford green in sachets for one shot use if passing through and standard size bottles (1.5l?) for less than most dealers sell blue or green.

After spending over a week there and using Thetford green I switched to Elsan green and much prefer it to either Thetford type. Picked up 2 x 2l Elsan at Catterick for £9.99 each when there recently.

Jim

4 hours ago, David 38 said:

tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

Just re-read this...do you travel alone ...3 days wow!

geoff

2 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Just re-read this...do you travel alone ...3 days wow!

geoff

That's 2 nights !

12 minutes ago, David 38 said:

That's 2 nights !

Flushed  with success David then!

geoff

• Like 1