Jump to content
shipbroker

Aldi Specials 27th June 2019

Recommended Posts

Notice amongst the Specials this week they are doing Blue Diamond Toilet Fluids again, at £5.99 for 2 Litres.

 

geoff

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My Aldi have had it for a couple of months seems a regular stock item, pink too.

 

 

This might help.

 

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-06-27?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3AFamily+Camping&page=3

 

Have just noticed the ECO version too at £5.99

 

At other places Eco is usually more than blue so I've always bought blue.

Edited by David 38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wait till they've just got a few left to get rid of, they'll often sell them for much less. Worth looking out for and stockpiling a few. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our nearest Aldi is just down the road from CMC Thirsk Racecourse site and things like this,and awning floor tiles/ rock pegs etc went quickly last time.

 

Geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Dobloseven said:

If you wait till they've just got a few left to get rid of, they'll often sell them for much less. Worth looking out for and stockpiling a few. 

Yes last week I got the caravan electric kettle For £8 had been £10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home Bargains sell the Blue Diamond Toilet Fluid 2 litres for £4.99.

Our local HB's do not stock the green variant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen sites say use the green is it because they just green people or their disposal different?

Any different results in our toilets between the two?

Can we mix them without them being compromised in effect?

 

Like the HB price, HB more convenient than Aldi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, David 38 said:

Can we mix them without them being compromised in effect?

 

 

No, the point of green fluid is that it doesn't kill the bugs in septic tanks and the like which are to be found on farms...Blue does, ruining the whole mini ecosystem.

 

Nearest HB 28 miles and never seems to have other than tent pegs and torches in their camping section, Aldi about 10 miles. But as level of concentrate in Elsan is higher we use their special offers,usually via Ropers where we get an extra 10% as we bought a 'van or two from them 15 years plus ago!

 

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shipbroker said:

 

No, the point of green fluid is that it doesn't kill the bugs in septic tanks and the like which are to be found on farms...Blue does, ruining the whole mini ecosystem.

 

Do these sites give a warning before you book or travel so one can buy some Eco?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Do these sites give a warning before you book or travel so one can buy some Eco?

 

Well I always have both both, usually if using either CL's or Commercial sites they do mention the need for green fluid.

 

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

 

Well I always have both both, usually if using either CL's or Commercial sites they do mention the need for green fluid.

 

geoff

If mentioned before I prepare caravan that would be ok I guess, but if only on arrival I'm afraid mine would already have blue in and sadly get tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David 38 said:

If mentioned before I prepare caravan that would be ok I guess, but if only on arrival I'm afraid mine would already have blue in and sadly get tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

 

Well don't tell us here that it was you that shut 'em down then! But I have only been on one site ever where this information was not available beforehand.

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Do these sites give a warning before you book or travel so one can buy some Eco?

 

The only one I have come across is the C&CC site at Bellingham. They sell Thetford green in sachets for one shot use if passing through and standard size bottles (1.5l?) for less than most dealers sell blue or green.

 

After spending over a week there and using Thetford green I switched to Elsan green and much prefer it to either Thetford type. Picked up 2 x 2l Elsan at Catterick for £9.99 each when there recently.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, David 38 said:

tipped down their disposal 3 days later.

 

Just re-read this...do you travel alone ...3 days wow!

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

 

Just re-read this...do you travel alone ...3 days wow!

geoff

That's 2 nights !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, David 38 said:

That's 2 nights !

 

Flushed  with success David then!

 

geoff

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...