Sign in to follow this  
beejay

Free autoroute tag

ATMB are offering a free autoroute tag  plus €4 postage in the link below.  It appears to be only in French as there is nothing in the English language version but the online application accepts UK phone numbers and addresses.  A UK credit/debit card can be used to set up the payment details.

https://evasion.atmb.com/

• Like 1

We have used this tag for the last two years with no problems at all,payments are taken from the credit card and we can log into the account. 

John.

• Like 1

Yes, we now use the ATMB tag with no problems after a few years with SANEF.

We have had an ATMB tag for a few years. A problem arising from being charged incorrectly when we were using the tag on the motorbike was sorted out quickly and professionally by email. 10/10 from me.

I have had one for 3 years with some big gaps in between use no problems. When I have contacted them someone has always phoned back a few days later speaking excellent English.

Google translate if you use Chrome browser will do them job well enough.

On 21/06/2019 at 14:45, beejay said:

ATMB are offering a free autoroute tag  plus €4 postage in the link below.  It appears to be only in French as there is nothing in the English language version but the online application accepts UK phone numbers and addresses.  A UK credit/debit card can be used to set up the payment details.

https://evasion.atmb.com/

This isnt free as described....... 1.90 per month.

image.thumb.png.8aef0d26f37f549546af78674e927ff2.png

I showed this to a French pilot working with me and he confirmed that there is a monthly fee having looked at the link.

AJG

3 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

image.thumb.png.8aef0d26f37f549546af78674e927ff2.png

I showed this to a French pilot working with me and he confirmed that there is a monthly fee having looked at the link.

AJG

The charges are only for the month the tag is used. I am using the tag this month so will only pay for June until we return.

John.

Yes, it's only for months when the tag is used. As we travelled on the 31st May and on several occasions in June we'll be hit with an extra €1.90. Disgraceful!

So am I understanding this correctly, the 1.90 is only charged if you use the tag, at all other months there is no charge?

Yes.

7 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

AJG

My post was to draw attention to the special offer of the tag without the deposit usually required.  :rolleyes:

The tag is free -  using it costs money.  Would you expect to pay no toll charges? :unsure:

53 minutes ago, iansoady said:

Yes.

+1

When I looked a few years ago ATMB was about the cheapest of all the tags, couple that with a credit card that doesn't charge a fee to use in the EU and the total running cost works out a fair bit cheaper than the one offered by a UK company as they charge an exchange rate on the tolls and monthly subs, which wasn't very competitive from memory.

• Like 1

Yes, that's what I've found. Although in truth even with the Sanef one it was worth it for the lack of hassle.

6 hours ago, beejay said:

My post was to draw attention to the special offer of the tag without the deposit usually required.  :rolleyes:

The tag is free -  using it costs money.  Would you expect to pay no toll charges? :unsure:

I was simply checking that there wasnt a monthly fee when it was not being used, apologies.

Does this make it easier/ quicker for the toll roads? If so is it likely to be be delivered within a couple of weeks

5 hours ago, chris76 said:

Does this make it easier/ quicker for the toll roads? If so is it likely to be be delivered within a couple of weeks

Yes, because you don’t have to queue to pay.  From memory ours arrived within about 10 days. 

thanks just ordered one what does this mean though?

After validation of your request by our services, you will be able to recover your badge at the Customer Relations Center of Nangy

i dont have to pick it up do i?

I use the SANEF tag. They charge a monthly subscription but this is used against the tolls. I go to France maybe once a year. So, in effect a prepay my tolls.

They sent mine to my home address - quite quickly if I remember correctly.

On 04/07/2019 at 08:57, chris76 said:

thanks just ordered one what does this mean though?

After validation of your request by our services, you will be able to recover your badge at the Customer Relations Center of Nangy

i dont have to pick it up do i?

a lady called me up today to ask if id like it posted.

do i need to print that e mailed form off and sign it? i dont have a clue what it says ,lol

3 hours ago, chris76 said:

a lady called me up today to ask if id like it posted.

do i need to print that e mailed form off and sign it? i dont have a clue what it says ,lol

Neither do we!  What form and do you need to return it to ATMB?

It should have  been posted to you so did you not pay the postage fee?

18 hours ago, beejay said:

Neither do we!  What form and do you need to return it to ATMB?

It should have  been posted to you so did you not pay the postage fee?

I just put my card details in and a lady asked me if I’d like the tag posting but it would be an extra 4 euros on my first bill, but then Iv got this e mail which I don’t know what do with

Say yes please, and thank her.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, chris76 said:

I just put my card details in and a lady asked me if I’d like the tag posting but it would be an extra 4 euros on my first bill, but then Iv got this e mail which I don’t know what do with

Hi Chris,

If you would like to PM me with the form and/or the email, I'm happy to have a shot at translating it.

Steve

Edited by marchie1053
extra text