Sign in to follow this  
SWSGB02

Clubman SB Exterior LED Door Light

Probably a blatantly obvious answer, bit how do I switch off the exterior led door light? Tried various options on the Control Panel. Using my van for the first time and on EHU.

Usually a switch marked ‘exterior light’ but... it’s also controlled by the small button on your alarm remote, though normally that’s used when you approach at night.

if all else fails try the owners manual!

I googled  lunar caravan awning light switch and had lots of answers. this is one thread,  BTW  what year is your caravan ?

No switch marked 'exterior light' and alarm remote has no effect.

It's a 2019 model

4 hours ago, joanie said:

I googled  lunar caravan awning light switch and had lots of answers. this is one thread,  BTW  what year is your caravan ?

It's a 2019 model

Can't help with 2019 but on the 2017 Clubman the switch for the awning light is on the control panel.

Is the awning switch not on the panel above the entrance door, along with the water pump switch, main power switch etc? It was on my Clubman and my current Delta.

On a 2019 Clubman SB it is on the control panel above the door; right hand side, second button down.   Well it is on my 2019 Clubman SB.    Unless you mean the outside lights that light up the grab handles etc.   In this case, it is one of the switches just to the left of the door, by then TV point.  Took me a few minutes to work out how to turn those off 😄

Thanks for all suggestions. I have unlit the awning button on the main screen and on the Light Settings Screen & tried the switches to the left of the door... but still the light remains on:(.  Still waiting for Lunar to get bact to me, but may give them a call.

10 hours ago, SWSGB02 said:

Thanks for all suggestions. I have unlit the awning button on the main screen and on the Light Settings Screen & tried the switches to the left of the door... but still the light remains on:(.  Still waiting for Lunar to get bact to me, but may give them a call.

In the first instance it is not Lunar's problem.  You need to go back to the dealer where you bought the caravan as it is their responsibility to resolve the issue and not Lunar.  Lunar will direct you back to the dealer anyway so a waste of time contacting them.

I agree with Durbanite - it is nothing to do with Lunar. You paid the dealer so it is their responsibility.

Yours may be a different system to my 2013 model but try switching off the alarm (with the key at the alarm box itself). This disables the awning light on mine.

The alarm fob has an on/off control button for the awning light so when you approach the van at night you can remotely activate the light as you approach try this in combination with the switch on the control panel. The instruction sheet from Sargant should also give information.

Looking advice/guidance. The LED awning/door light on my 2017 clubmam Si is staying on even with the power switch turned off on the control panel above the door. Have disconnected battery at present as the light will run it flat otherwise. Have advice welcome.

I think you may also be able to work the awning light from the key fob?

Yes use the key fob to turn it off. Note, it does stay on for a short time after setting or unsetting the alarm.

It's an epidemic !!

Admin Comment - Topics Merged

have you phoned the dealer yet?

If its turned on by the fob then it wont turn off by the switch and vice versa - whatever method you turned it on must be used to turn it off.

I've contacted my dealership (Catterick Caravans) and previously spoken with a service technician and salesman. Now waiting for then to come up with action plan. 

My problem is that the dealership is in Catterick and I'm in Chippenham! Moral of the story is, buy from a local dealership🙄