Sign in to follow this  
robhar

Cool my Camper AirCon Servicing

Is there anyone on here with one of these units who has found a firm locally to carry out the regas service. Cool my Camper suggest it is regassed and checked for leaks every 3 years and offer this service themselves. Trouble is they are in Stamford and I am 200 miles away. They say any F Gas registered aircon engineer should be able to do it but those I have approached local to me are not interested. Can anyone recommend someone in the North West?

My 2d-worth (and I may well be contradicted):

Does it work OK still?  If 'yes' then the F-gas hasn't leaked.  When it stops cooling then it may need re-gassing (at which point leak checks will be essential). 

Just like a motor car aircon system.  My car is now approaching 6 years old, aircon never been looked at.:o

My house ASHPs suggest 6-month or annual servicing.  My installer-tech says no need, just clean filters inside and maybe wash the outside fan/fancoil occasionally.

NB This time of year no F-gas people will want a small job like yours (too busy installing/maintaining broken systems).  Try mid-winter when they are quieter.