Dobloseven

Costco diesel

Bought diesel today for 120.8 per litre. Price seems to fluctuate on a daily basis. Last time I was there it was 126.8,yet wife had been the day before and paid 120.8.Anybody else fill up there? 

Costco where?

I noticed yesterday that Sainsburys on a retail park in York are doing diesel at 124.9 - mind you its a price war with Asda across the road that is forever stopping and starting.

Bluemotion diesel - now there's a thought!

Costco Leicester,yesterdayafternoon.

Posted (edited)

Our local garages - all BP were charging 143.9 for diesel earlier this week and our Sainsbury's (nine miles away) wanted 134.9.

For some reason we seem to have very expensive fuel  here in North East Cambridgeshire - I can go to Tesco in Kings Lynn (20 miles way) and get it up to 10p a litre cheaper but it's not everso convenient or cost effective to drive 40miles to fill up)

Hopefully it's dropped a bit as we are off to Scotland tomorrow and I could do with getting it a bit cheaper.

Edited by matelodave

Local to us on Friday 14th, it was 132.9p/l at Morrisons Bedford (with a -5p/l voucher that was 127.9, and More points reduce that a tad further).  Head over to Milton Keynes and Tesco was 129.9p (according to Petrol Prices .com).  But absolutely not worth the 20-odd mile round trip to use 3 or 4 litres to save a few pennies per litre.  

When we were away last week we got diesel in Sainsburys, Sheffield (Meadowhall)  @130.9p cheapest we'd seen around the area all week (filled up on the 6th).

When we lived in Lowestoft I was amazed to find the fuel prices there were consistently among the lowest around the country.

https://www.costco.co.uk/fuel-locations with only 12 locations in England and two in Scotland selling fuel there will be relatively few people who use it.  Do they headline price fuel ex-VAT like their other stuff?

Pump King price for diesel this week is 125.4... Very happy I have the card.  Local supermarket best price is about 133

2 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Pump King price for diesel this week is 125.4... Very happy I have the card.  Local supermarket best price is about 133

Oh dear - glad I haven't got one. Morrisons and Sainsburys near here (but about a mile apart) are both 124.9 for diesel this afternoon. Even the local expensive petrol station (about half way between the two) is only charging 130.9; I haven't been past the Tesco Express yet but first thing this morning they were on 130.9 and are usually only 1p above Morrisons or Sainsburys.

One localish garage,Co-Op, Petrol 129.4, Diesel £131.9........if you need it you buy it.

geoff

Around Olden in Norway last week, I saw diesel at 16.3 Krone / litre. Norwegian Krone were at around 10 to the £.

But with an average wage of 170 NOK an hour, I don't suppose it bothers Norwegians too much.

Didn't realise Costco had so few outlets. Leicester one has only recently started selling fuel. Wife uses it because she passes it on the way to pick grandson up from school. Think I fell lucky because I'd gone to Wickes which has recently moved next door and noticed the low price and needed fuel anyway. 

Sainsbury's Bishop Auckland and most of the Asda's in Co Durham are 124.9 for diesel

Filled up at local Morrisons yesterday at 124.9. I had a voucher for 5p off/ Ltr, so I was very happy!

BP garage at side of A1 near the angel of the north made my eyes water on Thursday, 151.3 for regular diesel, didn't need any thankfully.

Mark

Scotch Corner fuel prices are usually the highest when we take a trip south of the border.

On 16/06/2019 at 11:37, Rodders53 said:

Local to us on Friday 14th, it was 132.9p/l at Morrisons Bedford (with a -5p/l voucher that was 127.9, and More points reduce that a tad further).  Head over to Milton Keynes and Tesco was 129.9p (according to Petrol Prices .com).  But absolutely not worth the 20-odd mile round trip to use 3 or 4 litres to save a few pennies per litre.  

When we were away last week we got diesel in Sainsburys, Sheffield (Meadowhall)  @130.9p cheapest we'd seen around the area all week (filled up on the 6th).

When we lived in Lowestoft I was amazed to find the fuel prices there were consistently among the lowest around the country.

https://www.costco.co.uk/fuel-locations with only 12 locations in England and two in Scotland selling fuel there will be relatively few people who use it.  Do they headline price fuel ex-VAT like their other stuff?

All Costco prices are ex-VAT as they are a trade outlet.  Is the UK is one of the only) EU country that permits ex-VAT price description as it's highly deceiving in my view?

I can confirm Tesco, Bletchley (MK) was £1.29 a litre on Friday  14th June.  It was the equivalent of £1.23 in France last week.

Posted (edited)

Costco fuel prices are inclusive of VAT. Be very expensive if they weren't! 

Edited by Dobloseven
Spelling
  • Like 1

Never seen a Costco, heard of it as mate buys hundreds of toilet rolls and paper towels there! 55 miles to nearest either Leeds or Gateshead.

geoff

Our local Costco is almost always cheaper than the local supermarkets unless you have a 5p off a litre voucher,  such as Morrison’s do.

nanamel

It's worth noting that the diesel that Costco sells is premium diesel - normally much more expensive at other petrol stations.  This makes it an even better bargain

North Cornwall and North Devon are very expensive as well.

In fact everything seems expensive here.

3 hours ago, Fang2260 said:

North Cornwall and North Devon are very expensive as well.

In fact everything seems expensive here.

Now, why is that? Distance from distribution depots? Same in Scotland as I understand it...

Can’t believe people get so wound up about a couple of pence per litre difference. If I need fuel I just head for the nearest BP, Shell, Texaco or Esso and brim the tank. Can’t remember the last time I looked at the price. Quality fuel costs what it costs.

Supermarkets are for bread, milk and bog rolls.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tuningdrew said:

Can’t believe people get so wound up about a couple of pence per litre difference. If I need fuel I just head for the nearest BP, Shell, Texaco or Esso and brim the tank. Can’t remember the last time I looked at the price. Quality fuel costs what it costs.

But you may get wound up about something that I would regard as quite trivial [unlikely, I admit, since I am a total*****retentive ...]. That's the joy of human nature :D. I resort to expletives every day when, having provided a natural habitat for the local bird life and insects, the birds in France thank me by depositing the contents of their stomachs all over the car. I know it does my blood pressure no good at all, but hey ho!

Steve

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Now, why is that? Distance from distribution depots? Same in Scotland as I understand it...

I suppose it could be that. Mostly I think a lack of competition. And no public transport.

21 hours ago, Tuningdrew said:

Supermarkets bring an element of price competition to everything they sell, fuel included, which for the most part results in financial benefit for their customers (and of course their shareholders). I agree a couple of pence per litre may not be worth going out of your way for but sometimes the difference can be more and when it ends up at a few quid per tankful then I understand why people would be interested in saving the money.