Sign in to follow this  
Toein

Basin Tap - Spluttering air and water with some force

Hi Bailey Cadiz 3 Adle boiler......Wash basin hot tap constantly explodes when opened at any position, spluttering air and water with some force all over the floor, toilet seat, the mirror gets soaked, now desilvering damage at the bottom despite  drying every time, the kitchen hot tap runs perfectly as does both cold taps.   

Once the system is filled and all taps/shower opened and running constant air free.....puzzled anybody know  why this is happening, how could the air be getting in the system and affecting the basin hot tap only. 

We fill up the aquaroll, then fill the hot water boiler.  While doing this we leave the taps open until the water is running freely from them.  Then turn off the taps.  No issue with water sputtering which normally happens when the the boiler is not filled first.

• Like 1

Had similar issues. Turned out to be where the pump plugs into the outside of the van. Some silicone grease on the "O" rings, or vegetable oil may improve things.

Tap water contains dissolved air, which can come out of solution when the water is heated. This air then collects at the top of the storage tank and, since it will always try to head upwards will follow whichever pipe leads off in the right direction.

With this new caravan only problem with pump is after sometimes changing over to my second aquaroll nothing at all happens but then to swish pump off and back on pump runs as if nothing happened.

Thanks for your replies......I will try suggestions. 

19 hours ago, Stevan said:

Tap water contains dissolved air, which can come out of solution when the water is heated. This air then collects at the top of the storage tank and, since it will always try to head upwards will follow whichever pipe leads off in the right direction.

Wondering if the boiler has a automatic bleeding valve or air release valve that's not working correctly?

On 14/06/2019 at 17:04, Lost in the wilderness said:

Had similar issues. Turned out to be where the pump plugs into the outside of the van. Some silicone grease on the "O" rings, or vegetable oil may improve things.

Solved.....Thought I'd update, may help somebody else. 

When I checked the outside Whale socket "O" rings, the outermost "O" ring was out of shape and loose the inner was like new, replaced both and lubed, tap now runs perfectly, no spluttering explosions.  Thought failed "O" rings would caused a leak at the socket not sucked air.

I view those O rings as an annual replacement task - they cost pennies and are easily deformed. I also give them a minimal wipe over with silicone lubricant which helps the connector to slide on without damaging them.