Sign in to follow this  
Sharon D

Lunar warranty

Hi, advice needed please. Purchased a used lunar cosmos from a non franchise dealer. Warranty has been transfered but upon needing a warranty repair to the body we are unable to get any lunar dealership to carry the work out as we didn't purchase off them. Can anybody advise please. Thanks 

Have you tried Lunar as they must have issued the warranty transfer. The situation you are in is common as the industry and warranties are not the same as with cars. I don't think Caravan warranty work is very profitable.

13 hours ago, Sharon D said:

Hi, advice needed please. Purchased a used lunar cosmos from a non franchise dealer. Warranty has been transfered but upon needing a warranty repair to the body we are unable to get any lunar dealership to carry the work out as we didn't purchase off them. Can anybody advise please. Thanks 

It is normally the responsibility of the dealer that sold the caravan to do the repair.  When was it purchased?

Hi

I have a Lunar van and get it serviced at a local Approved Workshop who is not a Lunar dealer, however he will do any warranty work on my van and claim from Lunar. I have been fortunate in over 2 years of ownership I have had very few issues. Why dont you telephone local Approved workshops and ask if they will carry out the warranty work. 

Regards

Sandy

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

Hi

I have a Lunar van and get it serviced at a local Approved Workshop who is not a Lunar dealer, however he will do any warranty work on my van and claim from Lunar. I have been fortunate in over 2 years of ownership I have had very few issues. Why dont you telephone local Approved workshops and ask if they will carry out the warranty work. 

Regards

Sandy

We first need to establish when the OP purchased the caravan as the dealer may still be liable for the repair?

Hi all 

The caravan was not purchased through a lunar dealer and is a used caravan. Two years old. All local dealers will not touch as was not purchased through them and none of the approved people have no availability to look at the van. Thanjs

In that case contact who ever transferred the warranty to you for them to arrange a warranty repair.

The warranty transfer is done direct with Lunar, if the supplying dealer is AWS approved they can make a claim direct to Lunar for the required work.

2 minutes ago, pondskater292 said:

The warranty transfer is done direct with Lunar, if the supplying dealer is AWS approved they can make a claim direct to Lunar for the required work.

Seems from what OP says this supplying dealer is one of those who is refusing or can't do the work.

So what does OP do to get Lunar to authorise and carry the repair?

Lunar have accepted the transfer and probably charged someone. 

Hi all 

The caravan was not purchased through a lunar dealer and is a used caravan. Two years old. All local dealers will not touch as was not purchased through them and none of the approved people have no availability to look at the van. Thanks. The dealer is not AWS and we are waiting on a reply from lunar to see where we stand on using a non approved repair service. We're new to caravaning and finding the warranty and servicing side very stressful. 😔

9 hours ago, Durbanite said:

It is normally the responsibility of the dealer that sold the caravan to do the repair.  When was it purchased?

Indeed the warranty often serves only to recompense the dealer in many such cases. When it was bought and the nature of the problem is relevant.

We got the caravan in October last year and had it serviced a short while ago. The servicer picked up on two small fractures on the rear panel and hair line cracks around the gas and water outlets. 

Glad to hear you have contacted Lunar.

If you bought it in October won't there be a warranty for say a year from your supplier?

Emailed lunar today. They have to direct to the correct department so a bit of a waiting game there but I'm sure they will get back to me. I'm not completely sure of the warranty length with the supplier as my partner had originally dealt with this but was getting nowhere. I nerd to check this out. Thanks for your reply. 

Contact A & E leisure at Northwich Cheshire, they are an independent AWS workshop who are authorised to do warranty work for Lunar ( amongst others) Talk to  Nichola Woodcock on 01606 973005 - but be aware they are a very busy repair business and you may have to wait some weeks to get work done - and probably even longer for Lunar to supply any parts required! 

They are near to The Anderton Lift on the North side of the town, so up the M6 to junction 19, then A556 west, then use you sat nav!

Aaah that's great thanks. Will give them a call. Not too far away too. 

You should be able to take the caravan back to where the original owner purchased the caravan and they should be able to do any warranty work.

This was Campbells and they have already said no. Said we aren't on the warranty database although we have a letter from lunar saying we have warranty. This is proving to be quite a pain. 

On 14/06/2019 at 15:32, Durbanite said:

You should be able to take the caravan back to where the original owner purchased the caravan and they should be able to do any warranty work.

They are no doubt able but don't want the job. Many larger dealers are the same.

2 minutes ago, Easy T said:

They are no doubt able but don't want the job. Many larger dealers are the same.

So what are the outcomes, does the Maker of the caravan carry the work out?

Or are transferred warranties not worth the paper they are written on?

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 20:23, Sharon D said:

Hi all 

The caravan was not purchased through a lunar dealer and is a used caravan. Two years old. All local dealers will not touch as was not purchased through them and none of the approved people have no availability to look at the van. Thanks. The dealer is not AWS and we are waiting on a reply from lunar to see where we stand on using a non approved repair service. We're new to caravaning and finding the warranty and servicing side very stressful. 😔

when can the approved people look at the van?

All you want them to do at the moment is look at it and prepare a warranty claim.  Are they really to busy to do that?

There may be a long delay in getting it repaired but getting the claim approved is the main priority.

macafee2

On 13/06/2019 at 20:57, Sharon D said:

We got the caravan in October last year and had it serviced a short while ago. 

Is this the root of Sharons problems that Campbells the ordinal supplying dealer, or an approved by Lunar workshop, did not do this service?

Thus the warranty terms not met?

15 hours ago, David 38 said:

Is this the root of Sharons problems that Campbells the ordinal supplying dealer, or an approved by Lunar workshop, did not do this service?

Thus the warranty terms not met?

That was exactly my  situation with present caravan, the selling dealer was never visited after purchase ( the actual dealer details were removed from the manual!) and the owner eventually went straight to an AWS service......so warranty not transferable, 

geoff

Hi

I bought my Clubman from Campbells an authorised Lunar dealer, as they are in Preston and I live in the NE so I did not intend to use them for servicing the van. Before the purchase i e-mailed Lunar and received a reply saying as long as you use a AWS the warranty would be honoured. As i mentioned earlier my local AWS are quite happy to carry out any warranty work but up to now but none has been required ( they did replace the roof of a friends Lunar caravan under warranty).I did take it back to Preston on one occasion for them to replace a cracked battery box this was done while i waited and it and it was only a short drive from there to the site in West Yorkshire we were on our way too so not a major problem. There must be an issue with the service record if Campbells have refused to carry out the work as I have found them to be very accommodating.

Regards

Sandy

Posted (edited)
On 13/06/2019 at 20:57, Sharon D said:

We got the caravan in October last year and had it serviced a short while ago. The servicer picked up on two small fractures on the rear panel and hair line cracks around the gas and water outlets. 

Unfortunately you will find that the front and back panel are only covered for 12 months from new, as are the water and gas outlets.

You will need to approach the selling dealer under their warranty to get these items replaced.

Edited by pondskater292