Sign in to follow this  
Black Grouse

Beyond the call of duty - twice

Despite nearly 40 years of caravanning experience, I'm still capable of stupidity - relying too much on the automatic changeover, I managed to empty both my Calor Lites without noticing - I discovered on arrival yesterday to a CL in Sedgefield so asked the site owner if he knew of Calor dealers in the area - he not only phoned the local caravan dealer for me but took one of his empty steel 6kg cylinders to a local shop, exchanged it for a full one and lent it to use to cook dinner last night - so a big thank you to Peter Littlefair at Donnewell Farm CL, Sedgefield.

I phoned the dealer myself to find out when their next delivery was of Calor Lites, it was today and they offered to take my number and call when the delivery arrived - they called just before lunch so we hotfooted it to exchange two Calor Lites - they explained they'd written my number down wrongly and couldn't contact me initially but remembered I'd said we were at Sedgefield so they rang round local sites until the owner recognised our name and gave them the correct number - so thanks for your detective work to Matt at Kimberley Caravans, Darlington.

• Like 8

Customer service is alive and well (in places)!

Good service indeed...should have waved as we passed Sedgefield!

geoff

Excellent, it's that type of service that would make me return to a site/cl.:)

That is what I call service!

Just 3 miles from us. As it happens I have a spare almost full Calorlite sat in the shed unused as I've converted to Gas It. You should have asked. :lol:

For next time, the Premier Convenience Store in Sedgefield about 5 minutes walk away are  Calor stockists, or try Go Outdoors in Stockton, one of many Calor dealers in the area, and there is a Calor Depot in Middlesbrough. Whether they have Calorlite is a different matter.

I've also found Kimberley very helpful, but then as I've found over the years almost everyone in the northeast is always friendly and helpful.

Edited by thebriars

Sign in to follow this