BFM

Good heavens! France is full!

36 minutes ago, BFM said:

It sounds as though it is variable, then. We had a falling out with the site we were on (planned a fortnight, left after 4 days) and have moved across to Gard where we have found a charming little site with plenty of space. It also has that lovely, opalescent blue sky that the Med does so well. Off to Aigues-Mort for the day, I suspect.

Is there space? We were thinking of heading that way in a week or so, and my usual go-to, Criques de Porteils  outside Argeles sur Mer is showing as pretty full - although you have to be careful which site to ask for as it is steeply terraced and taxing with a big rig.

It is very full here, so I would check via email or phone.

On 11/06/2019 at 22:03, PR1 said:

They have, and our site here is full of them, partying at the moment!

My car alarm will be going off at 8,00am, 8.05, 8.10 etc!

keep me awake at your peril!

So the poor sods around you who aren't part of this party are kept awake late, and woken early???

2 minutes ago, Tigger said:

So the poor sods around you who aren't part of this party are kept awake late, and woken early???

Don’t worry, I didn’t really do it!

3 hours ago, Leedslad said:
  • Going over, Hull - Zeebrugge this weekend and heading south in search of summer.     :D

John.

Us too - Saturday sailing :D

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you fall out with a campsite?

Er, get shown to a nice pitch with a spectacular view, accept it to stay for a fortnight, and then get thrown off it two days later when someone else turns up  because "you have gone to the wrong pitch; the computer says you should be on this one". They entered the wrong details but tried to blame us until we proved they were wrong. No apology. No help moving (only 30 deg C, full sun) and the pitch we were then 'allocated' was a hillside beside their busiest roadway, that got soaked twice a day by the watering system and had a view one way of the bins and the other of those metal cages full of rubble used to build terraces. When we turned up at reception to leave and told the receptionist that no, everything hadn't been fine, our bill was suddenly zeroed. Too little, too late.

Mentioned before,here, site near Royan busy busy, on rally....Dutch tenters turned up one afternoon and were told...pitch where you like! Neighbour found two pup tents actually under his sun awning!

Another year,another rally, Pil Koad...longest in Club sites book.....35+ 'vans booked in months before ,via Club...arrive and they have only 8 emplacements.... girls in office make comment about 'only being English'...French National on rally hears this and tells Marshalls......so they squeeze third of the 'vans into the spaces and the rest of us are put onto a field adjoining midst growing corn, with the resulting number of animals running about during night...they did bring some EHU onto field so it had been done before...leaving the site in the morning we saw a number of tents and campers just stuck on the entrance field on the main road!...where they not only stayed but number increased.

The Club managed to get substantial reductions for us backing onto the crops..the others nowt!

Yes France was full that year.

geoff

10 hours ago, Leedslad said:
  • Going over, Hull - Zeebrugge this weekend and heading south in search of summer.     :D

John.

You don’t need to go far, it’s turning up here in Mönchengladbach tomorrow :)

35915C6B-4322-4790-868E-8FB3ED3032B1.png

On 11/06/2019 at 21:24, Odd days said:

If the weather is awful now I put money on a lovely autumn in France.

I hope so. Booked in for September 👍

We are in the dordogne at camping maisoneuve in castelnaud le Chapelle. Been here 2 weeks and weather has been mixed some lovely days but not too hot, cloudy days and a few showers. However today it has not stopped raining. The outlook tomorrow and most of next week is much warmer and sunny. The campsite has been quiet other than the  French whit weekend when the "Outcome" tough mudder equivalent took place. I think today will be a cave visit as the rain is unrelenting.