MarkB71

Hello, Very Newbie here

Hi Everyone.

Looking to buy a caravan sometime this week, NEVER towed or owned a caravan so looking forward to the adventure.
Hope to pick up lots of information and in time offer some back.

Thank you

Mark 

Hi Mark,

:welcome:to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy the journey and experience!

I guess that you will be going to a dealer to buy? Take their advice onboard and also ask on here once you have found a caravan. You will need to make sure your car is suitable. Also, consider joining one of the main clubs (Caravan and Motorhome club or Camping and Caravan club), as these do excellent courses for beginners! 

Have fun,

Wonky, Moderator

:welcome:to Caravan Talk. We'll do our best to help where we can with any questions you may have before buying a caravan.

Gordon

On 11/06/2019 at 11:15, Wonky said:

Hi Mark,

:welcome:to the forum, I am sure you will enjoy the journey and experience!

I guess that you will be going to a dealer to buy? Take their advice onboard and also ask on here once you have found a caravan. You will need to make sure your car is suitable. Also, consider joining one of the main clubs (Caravan and Motorhome club or Camping and Caravan club), as these do excellent courses for beginners! 

Have fun,

Wonky, Moderator

...I'd add as a recent newby (picked up van less than 3 months ago) there are differences between both clubs, the subs are very reasonable (I paid £52 & £40) and sufficiently different to justify.  I used the caravan/car matching service extensively and that warranted the subs by itself.  The club sites are different and the greater choice is useful

"... to buy a caravan some time this week" - I'm hoping that you've already done lots of research into what you'd like this caravan to  do/ not to do, and have looked into a good number of possibilities.

Hopefully whatever you buy will be with you a long time,  so maybe whether it's this week or next, or even the week after,  before you actually buy something, it might be time well spent if you've not yet gone through lots of options.

We started out with quite a different idea from what we ended up with, and we're so glad now that we did!

Have fun :)

15 hours ago, Richard_Y said:

We started out with quite a different idea from what we ended up with, and we're so glad now that we did!

Have fun :)

big plus 1...  A caravan can be a big purchase... Don't buy until you've looked at lots of different vans, and particularly different layouts...