Sign in to follow this  
oldboy

More pitches

Posted (edited)

I just came back from Braithwaite Fold C&CC  on Windermere work is going on to add another 27 hard standing pitches. because it is a very popular site, still have to book 6 months in advance for a chance to get a pitch.

Edited by oldboy

Are they creating the new hardstandings from existing grass ones? The reason I ask is that I think they have that site on a pretty short lease, one of the reasons the CMC gave it up.

David

26 minutes ago, klyne said:

Are they creating the new hardstandings from existing grass ones? The reason I ask is that I think they have that site on a pretty short lease, one of the reasons the CMC gave it up.

David

I doubt it David. I was there last year and was only aware of 4 or so grass pitches outside the main site. The main site is tight with cars parked across fronts of outfits. It strikes me that if they are putting new pitches in it must be an expansion

Posted (edited)

According to the Lake District Planning website the new pitches will be "on scrub land adjacent to the existing caravan site" ... marked with a star ...

image.png.f75e002b39ea6aeda21a891f69746d9c.png

Reading some of the paperwork I get the impression that it’s council-owned land.

John

Edited by Johnaldo

Yes I am under the impression that it is council owned. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, klyne said:

David

As per Johnaldo's post above. The only question is with the extra 27 pitches will the toilet facilities cope?

Edited by oldboy

Just pitches or Glamping pods and Yurts ?

Dave

17 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Just pitches or Glamping pods and Yurts ?

Dave

Just hard standing pitches.

Posted (edited)

Plan of pitches - here.

28 new ones, but one old one lost due to new access road.

John.

Edited by Johnaldo

Stayed there a few years back pitched on the east side.

At that time on that side the pitches were too narrow to park alongside a caravan so it required cars in that area to be parked across the front of the caravans.

With longer caravans it put the cars sides more or less in line with the tarmac road edge, not ideal.

From memory also at that time in that area some of the pitches had gravel on top of what appeared to be old paving slabs which caused problems with pegging down awnings.

May have changed over the years though.

First chance we got we upped camp and moved over closer to the lake, or for the pendants out there mere. ;)

1 hour ago, Griff said:

Stayed there a few years back pitched on the east side.

At that time on that side the pitches were too narrow to park alongside a caravan so it required cars in that area to be parked across the front of the caravans.

With longer caravans it put the cars sides more or less in line with the tarmac road edge, not ideal.

From memory also at that time in that area some of the pitches had gravel on top of what appeared to be old paving slabs which caused problems with pegging down awnings.

May have changed over the years though.

First chance we got we upped camp and moved over closer to the lake, or for the pendants out there mere. ;)

No, not changed Griff - and I found the west side just as bad - tiny pitch and impossible to insert rock pegs (the only time I’ve ever given up!)

John

The CCC seem to like investing in the Lake District pitches,along with the other two new sites just outside Keswick.I have been to this site half a dozen times or so but I cannot seem to place where this new pitches are.The plans seem to show them on land on the  toilet block side.