Navyboy1955

Throw Your Hard Earned Cash In The Sea

Please do not think my negativity is a one off as this is not true. I have had 2 years of hell and fighting  for my rights to purchase a new caravan that is fit for purpose and my pending retirement spiolt by a dealer and Caravan manufacturer due to the 0 aftersale service of dealers and the warranty wording that these caravan manufacturers get away with  as we in this country do not have a governing body who  is their to help the consumer. I could make this into a very large review but would take weeks but if only one person thinks before they buy a caravan I will be happy as my dream has been shattered and after 15 years of Caravanning I have had to say enough is enough after my last purchase ready for retirement. If your are considering buying a Luna Caravan think again and if thinking of buying from Wandahome of South Cave again think again you would be wiser to take your money out of the bank in cash and throw this in the sea. 2 years of solicitors etc etc they know they will get away with it buy the time you get to court your caravan is worthless and they know this for dealers and manufacturers alike its win win save your money buy a boat or take a cruise better for your health

Sorry to hear that, it is a real shame this situation exists. Sadly it does exist because many buyers seem to accept that there will be problems, they will spend weeks going too and fro from the dealers or they will have to make a few adjustments / repairs themselves.

Have you now successfully managed to reject the caravan and get your money back?

Would you care to share your experience?

AJG

Without any detail, that's just "name and shame" which isn't permitted.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Agreed, I suspect this thread will go in the bin

• Confused 1

Wandahome ( both companies being different from each other) at  Ferrybridge and South Cave  have both had a good reputation in Yorkshire. 

But without knowing the full details it would appear the  South Cave Co. have  dropped the ball on this one.

It is perhaps time the industry got together and sorted out it’s structure for dealing with warranty issues. 

Between manufacturers factories  that release ‘vans with issues and dealers that do not do PDI’s on ‘vans properly and just pass these issues on as well as any others that may have occurred whilst the ‘van was with them ( on show perhaps) perhaps too many imperfect ‘vans are sold.

The process of dealers then having to get permission from manufacturers to do repairs under warranty rather than being trusted to  get on with said repairs creates a system where ‘vans end up being off the road for far too long  even when the repair is approved.

However when dealer and manufacturer can not agree as to who should stand the cost with neither being prepared to pay it becomes a total nightmare for the customer. It has happened before, ( I’m guessing) it has happened in this case, and alas it will happen again in the future. And heaven help that next customer who gets stuck with a ‘van with “disputed” issues.

Posted (edited)

On the odd occasions that I've needed help with a problem, Wandahome Knottingley have been very helpful and I have no complaints about their service.  Knottingley (Ferrybridge) and South Cave were once one concern but for some time now,  the only thing they have had in common is the name 'Wandahome'.

John.

Edited by Leedslad

15 minutes ago, Leedslad said:

On the odd occasions that I've needed help with a problem, Wandahome Knottingley have been very helpful and I have no complaints about their service.  Knottingley and South Cave were once one concern but for some time now,  the only thing they have had in common is the name 'Wandahome'.

John.

Agreed Leedslad . 

When the brothers( fell out? and )went their separate ways the two sites were split  each brother taking one, neither wanted to give up the good name and goodwill that they had previously built up. Hence the two “Wandahome” entities.

At least that’s the tale I’ve been told  ever since the split.

Both have reasonable reputations, and I’ve used both at times.

Perhaps the OP got caught up (and done) by the more basic problem in the caravan industry as I suggested of who stands the bill when a sub standard product reaches the customer, and those that get taken when neither manufacturer or dealer will take the responsibility.

2 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

And why not. Why should people / firms get away with shoddy / poor service without anyone else knowing about it. I thought this country had free speech. Obviously not to Black Grouse

So its okay to praise firms but not to complain. Either both or none in my opinion.

If ever I get shoddy or unfair service I always go to Trustpilot to share my experiences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I`m on my third Lunar of late and have had very few problems all of a minor nature.

12 hours ago, BOAC said:

And why not. Why should people / firms get away with shoddy / poor service without anyone else knowing about it. I thought this country had free speech. Obviously not to Black Grouse

So its okay to praise firms but not to complain. Either both or none in my opinion.

If ever I get shoddy or unfair service I always go to Trustpilot to share my experiences.

Without any actual direction as to the issues, there’s nothing useful in the OP at all.

Free speech also comes with responsibilities.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BOAC said:

I support the idea of name & shame with factual details - but this doesn't have any detail - as posted it's derogatory for no reason.

• Like 2

sympathies with the op.

How do you prevent malicious name and shame?

I've had 1 new Lunar, customer service is ...insert a naught word.  Every year of its 6 year warranty it has had damp problems. 

Only when people stop buying caravans and the law comes down on manufacturers hard and fast for will the manufacturers take notice and make improvements to customer service and quality.  Out of all the companies I have dealt with, only BT has the same or worse customer service

macafee2

36 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

I support the idea of name & shame with factual details - but this doesn't have any detail - as posted it's derogatory for no reason.

Hmmm. I see what you mean, however, the OP does appear to have a gripe with Wandahome even if he does not justify his remarks. No smoke without fire scenario perhaps.

On 11/06/2019 at 07:46, DaveE1 said:

Agreed Leedslad . 

When the brothers( fell out? and )went their separate ways the two sites were split  each brother taking one, neither wanted to give up the good name and goodwill that they had previously built up. Hence the two “Wandahome” entities.

At least that’s the tale I’ve been told  ever since the split.

Both have reasonable reputations, and I’ve used both at times.

Im sorry but i think you've got this confused with the twix advert.🤣🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CraigP2005 said:

Or the Aldi Brothers or the Dassler Brothers (Adidas/Puma) :)

Nice of the OP to adhere to the T&Cs he agreed to on joining. Also first post booosh 

Obviously the OP has had a less than satisfactory experience with his purchase.  Sadly this is a common place situation within the Caravan industry.  Until there is publicity about defective products and poor dealer support, nothing will change. 

Perhaps the OP did not adhere strictly to the letter of the forum T&C's, but, there is a need for defective products and poor customer service to be highlighted for the benefit of others. Where better than on a Caravan forum. 

• Like 1

Actually does not matter which way you want to look at it the original post is pretty meaningless without any details/facts 

so is a pointless post.......

these sort of posts are not allowed??  or are they

21 hours ago, CraigP2005 said:

21 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Or the Aldi Brothers or the Dassler Brothers (Adidas/Puma) :)

Not so I do not think there is any confusion.

The story I was told by someone who worked for them at the time is that the two brothers who jointly owned & ran Wandahome firstly at Ferrybridge ( Knottingly) and expanded to the South Cave site. However they got to the point where they could not agree on how to move the business forward and ended up splitting it, taking one site each.  

It was joked locally that the Twix advert was based on them although the others brothers that were in business together that fell out and went their separate ways might choose to argue.

DaveE1....

Your Wandahome story is near enough spot on...........Have dealt with Knottingley myself and have been to South Church since they absorbed Waudbys...

geoff

Thanks for  that confirmation Geoff.  As I said that was what was told me by a member of their staff who explained to me how the existence of two separate Wandahomes came about.

As I also said both have decent local reputations  but it is a great  disappointment when customers are left feeling let down by anyone over quality of product.

Edited by DaveE1