Jason roberts

2012 HOBBY Excellent

Hi can anybody tell me if they are good vans plz looking to buy one as I like the look 2012 HOBBY Excellent thanks 

Like everything in life there are good and bad! 

Doubtless an owner will be along shortly to sing their praises. 

Is this a private sale or from a dealer? If a dealer you should get some form of warranty, but no such “Comfort blanket” from a private sale. If private then it would be a wise  move to insist on a mobile engineer checking it out PRIOR to committing to a purchase. (primarily for damp as that’s what usually “kills” caravans)  It will cost you a few quid but it could save you from purchasing a pile of trouble. 

Be ruled by your head, NOT your heart.

Andy

also check that your car is up to towing the weight of the caravan and you have the correct licence. 

Posted (edited)

Sound advice from Mr Plod there, there are many people who live in caravans choose Hobby, it must be for a good reason!!!! Some of them dont have the appropriate electrics for UK, some dont have a 12v system, double check everything.

There is another recent thread on here by somone who's just purchased a Hobby Van and is on their first trip away with it, it looks lovely.

Edit:
Heres the thread 

AJG

Edited by AJGalaxy2012

It would be helpful if you provided the model number of the Hobby as some exceed 7m in body length and are illegal to tow on our roads with a vehicle with weight of less than 3500kg.

I could be wrong but I think the 'Excellent' models were all single axle