Used Prices

Treesparrow

I'm looking at buying a used Pursuit Plus 430-4  - trying to get a realistic idea of what is a "fair" used price. Obviously I know it depends on condition and extras included, BUT is there some form a of rule of thumb to try an gauge the deprecation?

Also looking at the current Bailey price list they don't seem to make the Pursuit any more - did production cease in 2018? if so any idea why?

Thanks

Rob

A long way away but try Ropers at Catterick, N Yorks (01748 818666.) They have Pursuits and also do their own Jive based on a Pursuit.

The Pursuit was replaced by the Phoenix - Bailey tend to make a notable change every 5 or so years, the Pursuit is essentially a revised Orion which meant that the base design was about 8 years old by the time production ended.

We have a 430/4 which we bought new as an end of season sale in August 2016, the main reason we bought new is that used Orion 430/4 or 440/4 models that were 4-5 years old were about £11k depending on condition and ours only cost £13,500 in the end! I don’t keep myself abreast of values but they do appear to be about £10k as a private sale or about £11-11,500 as a dealer sale depending on age. I think we were lucky, especially as it’s an excellent van for the three of us so buying our first van worked a treat - I can heartily recommend one.

Edited by FrankBullet

We have a Pursuit we bought due to only thing we could find that suited our requirement for short length, the replacement Phoenix was longer.

Only other choices would have meant buying 7/8 years old.

Yes it is ok but we think cheaply designed, made and put together.

Have a look on Caravanfinder and Autotrader websites to get an idea of what Pursuits are going for.

nanamel

4 hours ago, David 38 said:

Yes it is ok but we think cheaply designed, made and put together.

For the money it’s excellent, doesn’t compete with a Buccaneer (well, unless it’s one that falls to bits like many seem to!)