Sign in to follow this  
mrwellydog

1997 Chiltern rear lights

Hi. I collected a 1997 Leda Chiltern yesterday. It was my fathers, and not been used for a long time. I have a problem with the rear light connectors. Where the electrical connectors clip onto the bulb cluster holder, the plastic has gone brittle and broken, so the bulbs are loose and not making good contact. Does anyone know where I can get the connectors from, or a good way of fixing the current ones. Thanks. 

A typical problem with an older van. Is there a caravan breakers near you?

Also worth looking on the likes of Ebay for some new(er) units.

Take some photo's of the existing units to check against, often the same light units were fitted to several different vans, even different brands.

I believe the rear light clusters for your Leda were made by Hella but as Steven says, an internet search may reveal a replacement pair of rear lights, regardless of the caravan manufacturer. You may also find that the internal fittings of different styles of light cluster would be the same.

image.png

Thanks for your suggestions. In the end I drilled a small hole either side of the loose clip connectors, and looped a cable tie round the connector to hold it tight against the earthing chassis. This is sufficient for the bulbs to have good contact on the connector and to earth.