Sign in to follow this  
CommanderDave

CMC Booking and number of people ?

While I was away on a number of CMC sites it got me wondering how many people on sites actually are booked in as I noticed on a few occasions people walking down to the barrier and use their barrier pass to open the barrier to let friends or family in . Over the bank holiday from Thursday I noticed numbers of people staying increased in caravans and the a few caravans started with two people and one TA caravan opposite with full awning me started with a couple then on the Friday two more car loads turned up and the number increased to about 8-10 people sleeping in the caravan and possibly awning . On one site a RV was parked up and the owner had a works van full of building tools and a mini bus which I wondered how many stayed as it left at 6.30 am every morning and returned about 8.30 pm and parked at the RV door .

Does anyone check how many actually arrive and stay on site and how honest are members ?

Dave

Surely any checking is done by the warden.  Some wardens  are more vigilant than others, no doubt. I have my son visit me on different sites, sometimes he stays overnight and I always go down to the  office and pay for him, however on one site a lady had her grandchildren every day , but they were collected every day at 5pm, so she told me. 

Human nature as it is, I wouldn't expect cc members to be any different - most will pay the extra cost per head but a minority won't.

3 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

While I was away on a number of CMC sites it got me wondering how many people on sites actually are booked in as I noticed on a few occasions people walking down to the barrier and use their barrier pass to open the barrier to let friends or family in . Over the bank holiday from Thursday I noticed numbers of people staying increased in caravans and the a few caravans started with two people and one TA caravan opposite with full awning me started with a couple then on the Friday two more car loads turned up and the number increased to about 8-10 people sleeping in the caravan and possibly awning . On one site a RV was parked up and the owner had a works van full of building tools and a mini bus which I wondered how many stayed as it left at 6.30 am every morning and returned about 8.30 pm and parked at the RV door .

Does anyone check how many actually arrive and stay on site and how honest are members ?

Dave

We have also seen this type of behaviour however I lay the blame squarely at the feet of the CMC because they have increased their prices for members quite a bit over the years.  In many cases, it is a lot cheaper to use a commercial site of the same or better standard than many CMC sites and on quite a few occasions we have found the commercial site to be better placed and more convenient.

Not much you can do about it except email the CMC but by that time it is too late for them to do any about it that is if they bother to reply.  We accepted a long time ago that if people think they can get away with it, they will try it on.  As long as it does not interfere with our enjoyment, rightly or wrongly, we turn a blind eye and avoid any confrontation as we are there to relax.

3 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

how honest are members ?

I'm as honest as the day is long Dave. Just don't trust me on December 21st ;)

• Haha 1

Ahhhhh. Winter Solstice - shortest day of the year................................