tpe1

dometic RM8550L

hi  when we bought our bailey caravan we loved the large fridge but the salad crisper drawer was missing .We have been told that there was a problem with the lid so thought that might be why it was removed' But I would like to have one for veg and salads if they are ok  thanks for any help tpe1

Posted (edited)

Have a look on Dometic’s website. I am sure they will have it listed in their spares list.

https://www.dometic.com/en-gb/uk/support/spare-parts

Its listed on this site (scroll down a fair bit) the price is LUDICROUS though £72 

https://www.inter-spares.co.uk/electrolux/electrolux-dometic-caravan-fridge-spare-parts/rm8550.html

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Its listed on this site (scroll down a fair bit) the price is LUDICROUS though £72

All Dometic prices are ludicrous (but so are Truma's)   Dometic have a thermocouple listed for £55.71.   I've just fitted a new one to my RM6700.   Cost me £10.35 - including postage from ebay.

2 hours ago, Jaydug said:

All Dometic prices are ludicrous (but so are Truma's)   Dometic have a thermocouple listed for £55.71.   I've just fitted a new one to my RM6700.   Cost me £10.35 - including postage from ebay.

Just out of interest John, would that be  a universal thermocouple please ?

Best regards,

Jim.

2 hours ago, wigandiver said:

Just out of interest John, would that be  a universal thermocouple please ?

Hello Jim.   Yes - it was a universal thermocouple.   It came with two union sizes. One bushed inside the other.   I discarded the outer one.   Also the shank of the thermocouple was threaded with two nuts for adjustment.   On the RM fridges the thermocouple is just held in a clamp so the nuts were superfluous as well.   I see from my ebay account I had it posted out to Torrox but you know how it is - why work when there's so much sitting around to be done. :D

Untitled.thumb.jpg.38ac1decee8c1d41fc8fc049f5e28727.jpg

Looking at ebay, the company I bought from isn't advertising now but there are lots of other suppliers.   The only thing you need to make sure of is that you get sufficient length.   Too long and you can put in a loop, but too short and your scuppered.

Posted (edited)

May be an idea to buy one in the UK from a plumber's merchants, and put it in your "just in case" box.

Ours seems to get more full by the year. :D

Thanks John.

Edited by wigandiver
Addition.