Kampa air ace 400 leaking in

We have got the Kampa Air Ace 400 it leaked once since, it was  purchased in 2018, yes it has faded but no other problems, we find it easy to put up even with the weight of pulling it thro the awning rail, great awning even in20180908_075700.thumb.jpg.27b774e7696f9fb7fb4c7d964f139092.jpg windy conditions   

Coachman Platinum Pastiche 560/4

Santa Fe Premium 2. 2 CRDi manual 7 seat

Kampa Air Ace 400

16 hours ago, Kiters72 said:

We have got the Kampa Air Ace 400 it leaked once since, it was  purchased in 2018, yes it has faded but no other problems, we find it easy to put up even with the weight of pulling it thro the awning rail, great awning even in20180908_075700.thumb.jpg.27b774e7696f9fb7fb4c7d964f139092.jpg windy conditions   

If it has faded you need to reproof it. Mine has faded and a Kampa rep saw it on a rally and said the fabric will lose its strength and become brittle. He came back with two large cans of reproofer.

Ian

• Like 1

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

It seems quite random with members on here as to whether their Kampa awnings leak or not. Condensation and leaks are two separate issues, but lots of other owners of leaking Kampa awnings have been fobbed off by Kampa who regard it as condensation.

I quite fancy getting there Rally Pro 390 to add to my awning collection, but its a risky purchase. Shame, as they are otherwise lovely awnings.

Edited by Guest
14 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I quite fancy getting there Rally Pro 390 to add to my awning collection, but its a risky purchase. Shame, as they are otherwise lovely awnings.

The poled or the air version?

2016 Audi Q7 3. 0 - Towing a 2012 Sterling Elite Emerald

Persistent Love2Stay user

Was on a site last week when there was a huge bang. Kampa Air awning had blown up in the next cul-de-sac. Won't be leaking anymore as it is now in the skip. As Air Awnings get older I am sure that more will go this way as I am sure sun damage will have its effect. 

Would not have wanted to have been in it when it went up. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ascsbe said:

Was on a site last week when there was a huge bang. Kampa Air awning had blown up in the next cul-de-sac. Won't be leaking anymore as it is now in the skip. As Air Awnings get older I am sure that more will go this way as I am sure sun damage will have its effect. 

Would not have wanted to have been in it when it went up. 

Was it a very sunny day?? If so it may well be that the owner inflated it to its max pressure when the air temperature was low. Then it had the sun on it all day which caused the air in the bladder(s) to expand to the point the bladder failed. 

I tend to not inflate it to the max and leave a bit of “leeway” and I am very careful to check the pressure in mine if the sun comes out and lower it a bit if necessary. I have no idea if it’s a wise regime or not.

Better safe than sorry though. 

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

It was a nice day about 23 degrees. I do not know much about Kampa awnings but some brands do not have a pressure release valve. When I had an Outdoor Revolution Air awning it did have so felt fairly at ease in hot weather. Now sold it and back to Isabella Magnum. Might blow down but wont blow up!!!