Sign in to follow this  

Anyone?

Blocked, no explanation, weeks have gone by.

Screenshot_20190529-134031_Chrome.jpg

Perhaps you should be asking the Caravan Club moderators on the CMC Forum, why would you expect the answer to be on Caravan Talk?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Because you share moderators, and users.

Odd for this to happen after weeks of posts!

Edited by Wellys and Mac

6 minutes ago, Wellys and Mac said:

Because you share moderators, and users.

Odd for this to happen after weeks of posts!

We share one moderator David Klein, but again I would suggest asking the CMC moderators on the Caravan Club forum if you want a straight answer,  that way it keeps your problem where it belongs.

• Like 5

New posters have their first three post moderated on Club Together. It doesn't show as pending now so someone has cleared the pending flag. It is a bit odd as I am aware that you have made more than three posts. The only thing I can think of is if you have changed your email address which you use for log in? I should also add that only Admin can clear the pending flag not mods.  The only people that can see a pending post id the poste, mods and admin. Hope that helps.

David

17 hours ago, Wellys and Mac said:

you share moderators, and users.

For the record, Caravan Talk is independent and provides a free forum for caravanners but has no affiliation with any other forum.

As has been stated, one of our moderators happens also to moderate the CMC's "Club Together" forum, and there will also be some members who register with more than one forum.

We have no control or influence over any forum other than Caravan Talk and our sister site Motorhome Talk therefore your question should be directed to the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Admin.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

We share one moderator David Klein, but again I would suggest asking the CMC moderators on the Caravan Club forum if you want a straight answer,  that way it keeps your problem where it belongs.

Are you not infringing GDPR sharing his identity with us?  Not having a go just a point of interest.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Are you not infringing GDPR sharing his identity with us?  Not having a go just a point of interest.

That is his name used on both forums so now problem as we cannot see any other details like his address DOB etc.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

That is his name used on both forums so now problem as we cannot see any other details like his address DOB etc.

Agreed BUT the data was used other than for the reason it was given originally, i.e. he was identified as the moderator on another forum. I'm not an expert but from what understand that disclosure was a minor breach of GDPR.

AJG

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Agreed BUT the data was used other than for the reason it was given originally, i.e. he was identified as the moderator on another forum. I'm not an expert but from what understand that disclosure was a minor breach of GDPR.

AJG

I doubt that the fact that David Klyne is a moderator on the Club Together forum is actually held on the Caravan Talk database, if that's the case then no breach of GDPR - if some-one happens to use both forums, recognises a common contributor and posts the fact, I don't see any issue.

Edited by Black Grouse

Posted (edited)

There are many strange anomalies in the Caravan Club Forum.  Why raise them on here ?.  You could always ask the question on the CMC forum and get your answer there. 

By the way I would never pay money to watch or listen to Elton John. He was a not bad singer a few decades ago but he is well past his sell-by date.  Apparently the actor playing E.J. in the film, neither looks like him or has his unusual mannerisms.  Won't be watching that either. :(

Edited by bessacarr425

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, klyne said:

New posters have their first three post moderated on Club Together. It doesn't show as pending now so someone has cleared the pending flag. It is a bit odd as I am aware that you have made more than three posts. The only thing I can think of is if you have changed your email address which you use for log in? I should also add that only Admin can clear the pending flag not mods.  The only people that can see a pending post id the poste, mods and admin. Hope that helps.

David

It was very helpful.

I raised it on here because my posts couldn't be seen on the other forum, so quicker response.

Resolved now, one complaint later, bit of a faff, but putting 2 and 2 together now.

Why I'm bothering I dont know myself 🤦‍♂️

30 minutes ago, bessacarr425 said:

By the way I would never pay money to watch or listen to Elton John. He was a not bad singer a few decades ago but he is well past his sell-by date.  Apparently the actor playing E.J. in the film, neither looks like him or has his unusual mannerisms.  Won't be watching that either. :(

Us neither, but it really is a cracking film, 

1 hour ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

AJG

David identifies himself, go look at his website, by clicking erm his face! 😳

Edited by Wellys and Mac

4 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

I doubt that the fact that David Klyne is a moderator on the Club Together forum is actually held on the Caravan Talk database, if that's the case then no breach of GDPR - if some-one happens to use both forums, recognises a common contributor and posts the fact, I don't see any issue.

It depends on the reason that information was given to this forum in the first place. If it was given in the spirit of here are the credentials of our mod team, a kind of profile then you would be correct. If on the otherhand David gave that information to team here with giving consent for that data to be freely shared then as I understand it, that would be a breach.
I'm sure there is no issue here but potentially a technicality thats all.

• Confused 4

36 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

It depends on the reason that information was given to this forum in the first place. If it was given in the spirit of here are the credentials of our mod team, a kind of profile then you would be correct. If on the otherhand David gave that information to team here with giving consent for that data to be freely shared then as I understand it, that would be a breach.
I'm sure there is no issue here but potentially a technicality thats all.

So in your opinion is it an issue about using his full name in a post, or the fact it was disclosed that he is a moderator on the CMC forum?

5 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

So in your opinion is it an issue about using his full name in a post, or the fact it was disclosed that he is a moderator on the CMC forum?

The disclosure of the moderator status on the other forum. I'm not having a go, I've had a similar situation on a forum thats I operate and I'm curios what the team on here think. I agree totally that IF it was a breach it was a very minor one. Just interested GPS (the forum isnt caravan related BTW its music / organ forum.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

The disclosure of the moderator status on the other forum. I'm not having a go, I've had a similar situation on a forum thats I operate and I'm curios what the team on here think. I agree totally that IF it was a breach it was a very minor one. Just interested GPS (the forum isnt caravan related BTW its music / organ forum.

Perhaps it should be more about what I think:D As it happens I have no objection, people who use both forums know who I am so I can't see what the fuss is about. Whilst I am here I know a few of you have contacted me via my website. Could I just say that the contact email address has changed slightly, if you have it in your contact list, but the new one is on the website.

David

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, klyne said:

Perhaps it should be more about what I think:D As it happens I have no objection, people who use both forums know who I am so I can't see what the fuss is about. Whilst I am here I know a few of you have contacted me via my website. Could I just say that the contact email address has changed slightly, if you have it in your contact list, but the new one is on the website.

David

David, GPS, I unreservedly apologise, I wasnt making a fuss just trying to ask a question. Sorry to have caused so much aggro.