Craigr

Electrolux fridge

I’ve been trying to get my fridge to start in gas, I turn the knob to gas and I can see the orange light flashing orange and spark clicking but it won’t ignite, please help. 

Gas cooker next to it starts on gas 

Often there are separate gas taps for each appliance, have a look in the cupboards for a manifold with 4 taps on it. Sometimes it takes a while for the gas to purge it's way through the line, try it at least 10 times before giving up. Lastly there may be a fault such as a blocked jet etc, remove the jet and blow through it with compressed air IF you feel competent to do such work, if not get a mobile engineer out to sort it.

Do you also have to press the knob inwards to bypass the flame failure device to start it up?

You'll have to keep it pressed for a minute or so  after ignition to allow the FFD to warm up.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Craigr said:

I turn the knob to gas and I can see the orange light flashing orange and spark clicking but it won’t ignite,

Are you holding in the knob whilst you use the ignition.   It's only when the knob is pushed in that the gas valve is open.   Otherwise it will remain closed.

Try a blast of air from a foot pump to the burner area. Cobwebs are a common reason for a gas fridge not lighting.

17 minutes ago, Fenester said:

Try a blast of air from a foot pump to the burner area. Cobwebs are a common reason for a gas fridge not lighting.

Or rust...

geoff

Thanks folks I’ll try these out tomorrow and see if I can get it’s lite 

If you've had your gas turned off, it takes quite a while for the air to clear from the fridge supply pipe.   Light the other appliances - just for a minute.   Then hold the fridge gas knob in for a couple of minutes.   WAIT a while for the accumulated gas to clear, then press the knob again and use the piezo.   Does the pilot light and does it stay alight?

Still not working, tried everything mentioed  above

If there is no isolation valve shut anywhere you should be able to hear a hiss of gas from the bottom of the fridge then you should be able to hold the knob in while pushing the ignition button a few times and hear a flame and hold the knob in for about ten seconds .

Dave

2 hours ago, Craigr said:

Still not working, tried everything mentioed  above

Time for a service?

• Like 1

Got it working, was turning the min/max control knob to far so was passing the max position. Stop control at max and it’s now working ok

9 minutes ago, Craigr said:

Got it working, was turning the min/max control knob to far so was passing the max position. Stop control at max and it’s now working ok

Great stuff, thanks for updating us.

Enjoy your holiday.