Sign in to follow this  
BeckyC

North Wales best campsites?

Hi, we are looking to take our tourer around the North Wales area. We are struggling though to find anything that can match our preferences and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere please? We are a young family with a 2yr and 6yr old. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere that has plenty for the children to do onsite if the weather is bad, park/children's play area, club house/entertainment, swimming pool, that sort of thing. I really appreciate anyone's input on this and recommendations or even places to avoid! Thanks in advance

I went to Bron Dewr near Betsy-y-Coed.  There are 3 areas to this site:  1) Family;  2)  Certificated site; and 3) Adults only.  Lovely site, although not much to do for kids I'm afraid.  You're right on the outskirts of the town, and there are tearooms.  There's a tree climbing place about 2 miles up the road on the left going towards Betsy-y-Coed.  Why not search on UK Camp sites website.  Just tap in the area, and start looking.  You will get reviews of said sites as well

• Thanks 1

Been once, never again, North Walians and South Walians do not get on, we suffered verbal abuse for no reason whatsoever, such a shame as it is a beautiful part of Wales, I sure you will love it 

• Thanks 1

Try Haven sites in either Prestatyn or Pwllweli (which is our fav)

You can get them for around £10 per night outside of school holiday periods

• Thanks 1

Or Haven’s Black Rock Sands site near Porthmadog - excellent for children and right on a great beach.  

• Thanks 1