Sign in to follow this  
ivan leslie

Etiquette With Regard To a Neighbours TV Dish

we were on a site last year and got the sat TV fine , this year we couldn't get it, it would seem the trees have grown. As luck would have it, the chap on the next pitch said to  try it on the back of his pitch and it worked, but he was only there for a few days so when the next people came we asked if it was okay to leave the sat dish there  and they were okay with that. The point is we asked and if it was in their way or they didn't want our sat dish on their pitch then we would have removed it.   No way can you tell other folk how to pitch unless it interferes with your pitch.  As to the OP , I think that I would have smiled and said that I would try, but as he's there for 4 months as well , you have to do what's best for yourself  as well as being  a little considerate to others.

Andy. I am not the awkward type and think that I am very reasonable. I would have gone to reception and ask to have the tree's cut down.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, joanie said:

As to the OP , I think that I would have smiled and said that I would try, but as he's there for 4 months as well , you have to do what's best for yourself  as well as being  a little considerate to others.

If you read my initial post Joanie you will see that I did accommodate their “ instruction/request “ with more than a smile -  it was only because of their subsequent unfriendliness  that I made the comments as to what we would next year.  My “ revenge “ is that we will not be returning next year, so they have all winter in Holland to work out an alternative plan for their dish, hopefully invest in some upgraded kit which will be totally unnecessary. Sad really😳😀

1 hour ago, jjohnd said:

Andy. I am not the awkward type and think that I am very reasonable. I would have gone to reception and ask to have the tree's cut down.

I did! 

They said no.

:angry:

Dutch campers & satellite dishes seem to be common all over Europe , maybe they have really wonderful programmes on their stations , the first thing they do after setting up their outfit is to align their sat dish .

I had a guy in Portugal who had his dish right on the limit of his pitch next to the track I was taking through the trees to access my allocated pitch ,  I was on a right hand turn with trees either side & he ran out of his van to make sure I didn’t catch his dish , I was more concerned with the tree!. I would have asked him to move his dish if I had needed to & to be fair he may have complied , as it was I managed to get through with a couple of inches to spare.

I have found over the years that the Dutch can be really wonderful people , amusing & helpful or really annoying & miserable , they always seem to have twice as much kit as anyone else for camping .

1 hour ago, stevew1 said:

I have found over the years that the Dutch can be really wonderful people , amusing & helpful or really annoying & miserable

Just like Brits, Germans, Danes etc

42 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Just like Brits, Germans, Danes etc

Agree.