bconnelly

Hobby 575 VIP - Equivalent.

Probably a silly question but the 575 VIP is not included on any of the normal Hobby specification lists. Can anyone tell me which standard model is closest in terms of wieght, dimensions and equipment. I need to order one or two things but as always there are variations.

Thanks in advance.

2580cc45414ab90c9fbf138f7393.thumb.jpg.ec425193a6cda9ccb135263755b48a53.jpg

Have you asked your dealer??? Know Edinburgh bit of a poor area for Hobby cover anyway.

geoff

What exactly do you need to know?

Try jg trading near Cardiff very helpful for things like this 

Weight will be on the identification plate front right on mine under toilet window at bottom 

Hi all and thanks for replying. The plate on the van only shows one weight of 1600 Kg but i'm not sure if this is laden or unladen, i'd like to know what my payload is. I've asked a couple of local dealers who haven't a clue about Hobby's.

h575.jpg

I think that the plate is showing the maximum permitted mass. 

Yes it’s the MTPLM

1600 kg is MTPLM

1370kg is the empty weight. This is when completely empty in standard form with no modifications, empty water tanks no gas bottles or regulator, no EHU cables, batteries, spare wheel etc.

If you have a battery fitted or motor mover this needs to be taken into account

There is the possibility to increase the MTPLM from 1600kg to 1710kg by upgrading. Unfortunately it involves changing the following parts

Axle... DB16 MV to DB18 MV,

Wheels & tyres... from 185R/14/102 to 195/70/R104

Brakes... from 20-2425/1 to 25-2025

Hitch... from KF20A to ZHL 15A

An expensive option 

Posted (edited)

Type above the hitch I quoted is incorrect. The hitch does not require upgrading

However the drawbar (A frame) does require changing from ZHL 20 to ZHL 15A

Looking at your chassis plate, I hope that you photoshopped the Vin number in the picture and the plate has not been tampered with... 

Edited by JayTea

2 hours ago, JayTea said:

1600 kg is MTPLM

1370kg is the empty weight. This is when completely empty in standard form with no modifications, empty water tanks no gas bottles or regulator, no EHU cables, batteries, spare wheel etc.

If you have a battery fitted or motor mover this needs to be taken into account

There is the possibility to increase the MTPLM from 1600kg to 1710kg by upgrading. Unfortunately it involves changing the following parts

Axle... DB16 MV to DB18 MV,

Wheels & tyres... from 185R/14/102 to 195/70/R104

Brakes... from 20-2425/1 to 25-2025

Hitch... from KF20A to ZHL 15A

An expensive option 

The above depends on when the caravan was manufactured according to EU regulations as from 2012 EHU cable, gas bottles and spare wheel were all part of the MIRO.  If the caravan has an onboard tank then the equivalent of a waste master is also include din the MIRO. 

The empty weight I gave of 1370kg is from the 2010 owners manual. The stated weight does not include gas bottles, no mention of the waste water container and Hobby don't come with spare wheel as standard. It does include the empty water tank.

3 hours ago, JayTea said:

Looking at your chassis plate, I hope that you photoshopped the Vin number in the picture and the plate has not been tampered with... 

Why?

30 minutes ago, AndersG said:

Why?

Presumably, if it's had final numbers obliterated it probably means someone has attempted to remove the means of identifying the individual caravan, which is only likely to have been done to avoid recognition if the van had been stolen. 

Again, thanks for all your help here folks. I love the new Hobby even if details on it are a bit sketchy and manuals impossible to find. So far i've changed the trailer electrics to 13 pin, added a leisure battery and Powrtouch motor mover, changed all lights to LED, added 3 mains/USB sockets, made new curtains. Now looking forward to our first venture away in June.

JayTea - your information is (as always) invaluable, many thanks sir. BTW the VIN was photoshopped - well spotted.

20190526_183734.jpg

Glad to know you photoshopped the number and not something done by a previous owner....

Where did you fit a battery in the 575 and how do you charge it?

7 hours ago, JayTea said:

Glad to know you photoshopped the number and not something done by a previous owner....

Where did you fit a battery in the 575 and how do you charge it?

The battery is in a sealed battery box under the seat to the left if the table (above photo), The box is secured to the floor and there's a vent from the box through the floor to the outside. I have decent a smart charger connected to the battery that powers up when the mains is hooked up. The battery only powers the motor mover, no lights or accessories.

The guy from Powrtouch who fitted the mover last week was quite impressed with the setup, apparently having seen some awful diy jobs done on Hobbys.

Glad you sorted the battery properly, there must me thousands of batteries fitted under seats/beds that aren't vented. Couple of questions

1. Did you buy the caravan from someone in the Bathgate area?

2. Did Jamie fit your mover?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, JayTea said:

Glad you sorted the battery properly, there must me thousands of batteries fitted under seats/beds that aren't vented. Couple of questions

1. Did you buy the caravan from someone in the Bathgate area?

2. Did Jamie fit your mover?

Bought the van from a family in Leith but I think I saw the one for sale in Bathgate on eBay.

Can't remember the mover guys name i'm afraid, a really nice wee guy with a white beard. Probably have a picture on the CCTV.

Edited by bconnelly
Added pic.

Not Jamie but I saw him at the SECC caravan show on the Powrtouch stall. I tried to buy the one in Bathgate but the price was way too high

If it's the one I was looking at JayTea it was about £8.500, I got min a good bit cheaper but no table, no toilet cassette and a broken tap, otherwise spotless though and i'm delighted. Bit different from my Abbey Spectrum twin axle. Cant wait to try it out. Heading up to the northwest of Scotland in the very near future.

Sounds like the same one... I had to battle through the snow all the way to Stornoway and back for mine. A day to remember especially when I passed all the cars, vans, trucks stuck in the snow and me with a 6.7m caravan hanging onto the back of the car.