Sign in to follow this  
Barny59

Wheres the light switch?

I feel really stupid asking this question but we have just taken delivery of a Bailey Phoenix 644 (2019) and I can't find the light switch to turn off the two LED spot lights in the living area ie ceiling mounted. Obviously I can turn off the lights using the master switch but that turns off everything. 

On my unicorn 4  the switch is in the panel by the door

On our Pegasus it's underneath the lockers on the nearside near the front.

I think the Phoenix replaces my Pursuit and maybe same designer and on mine they all in silly places.

Very small round rocker switches just search in silly places, only one easy to find is in the shower room with a domestic style cord one from ceiling, could understand if mains voltage its use but not on 12v.

1 hour ago, David 38 said:

I think the Phoenix replaces my Pursuit and maybe same designer and on mine they all in silly places.

Very small round rocker switches just search in silly places, only one easy to find is in the shower room with a domestic style cord one from ceiling, could understand if mains voltage its use but not on 12v.

We use the washroom pull cord as a plumb line to level the caravan so find it very useful. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barny59 said:

I feel really stupid asking this question but we have just taken delivery of a Bailey Phoenix 644 (2019) and I can't find the light switch to turn off the two LED spot lights in the living area ie ceiling mounted. Obviously I can turn off the lights using the master switch but that turns off everything. 

Ok . Laying here in our Phoenix. As you look out of the front windows, the switch is under the left hand corner cupboard, back to where it joins the long cupboard!

We all looked for it!

We do have a Face Book Bailey Phoenix group if yo are on FB.

Paul

10 hours ago, PR1 said:

Ok . Laying here in our Phoenix. As you look out of the front windows, the switch is under the left hand corner cupboard, back to where it joins the long cupboard!

We all looked for it!

Paul

Paul, found it thank you. 

I will have a look at the FB page.

I found one just now for Pursuit too also all Bailey one.

I had an Olympus prior to my current Phoenix, that had the switch in the same frankly baffling, location as the current one. I have tried to work out the reasoning behind locating it there, without success.

Andy

• Like 1

The Unicorn 2 also had switches/dimmers for the overhead LED ceiling lights, they were under the front left hand lockers. These were click on/click off type and if you held them down the lights dimmed. Release the switch & press & hold again & they brighten. Very useful. 

On 22/05/2019 at 20:51, PR1 said:

We all looked for it!

Paul

Dear Paul, thank you a million times - yes found the switch finally 😬

Hi, I have a Bailey Pursuit 2016. I have 3 ceiling lights that each have a switch on them, problem is they dont work. All other lighting is ok. Is there another isolating switch somewhere

John

Our pursuit is a later model but there's a master switch and a light switch by the door and after that I would check the fuses.

20 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Hi, I have a Bailey Pursuit 2016. I have 3 ceiling lights that each have a switch on them, problem is they dont work. All other lighting is ok. Is there another isolating switch somewhere

John

Depending on the model there is a light switch just under the kitchen worktop edge on the left hand side which is a master switch for the lights but I can’t remember which lights it specifically controls!

On our the switch under the worktop only controls the two lights over the worktop.

Strange, it's usually the owners of Swift Group vans who complain about random switch locations.

And I thought it was only Lunar owners!

when we did the handover on our 'van the chap made sure he told us about the light switch , but by the time we listened to everything else, it got forgotten, anyway it took a couple of days before we remembered, it really is a silly place to put a switch.

19 hours ago, John Dowson said:

John

On my Pursuit 2, the 3 lamps over the sink & cooker, are controlled by a small black round switch, located under the sink worktop above the fridge. It is in different places on different models, but still above the fridge.

The main lamps, fitted either side of the Heki sky light, are controlled by another small black round switch located close to the off side speaker.

It took me a while to find them, when I first got the 'van.

You can just see the main switch in these Bailey photos and the one over the fridge:

image.png.ec58d66bac1ca0bc3aed90a2b970bed7.png

image.png.00cfb2978426aba6f1f3ceb48a972e22.png

image.png.d3c2b0521dc2da63540cd605052b9810.png

Edited by Wunny