B1ngo

Key fob alarm

Has anybody found a cure for the infernal accidental triggering of the van alarm via the key fob? I can guarantee that the thing will go off within five minutes of the key fob being in my pocket.

• Like 1

Simply, don't put the key in your pocket. We hang our key on a hook in the van, and use the cubby hole in the car.

14 minutes ago, Lost in the wilderness said:

Simply, don't put the key in your pocket. We hang our key on a hook in the van, and use the cubby hole in the car.

+1 and that stops em digging in your leg as well..

29 minutes ago, Jacko1 said:

+1 and that stops em digging in your leg as well..

+2 - just don't put it in your pocket

Once on site I hang the caravan keys on one of my fishing retractor zingers which I clip to my belt so I have them with me as I move around the various caravan locks.

On 22/05/2019 at 17:58, Lost in the wilderness said:

I know exactly what you mean.  They are far to easy to set off.  The button should be recessed so that it would take a positive push to activate it.  Stupid design!  I do keep mine with the caravan keys to stop them getting separated but it's a right pain .

• Like 1

I bought a spare key and use it when setting up, emptying loo, refilling water etc

Mine goes in the wife handbag with the screwdrivers and other tools when going out and hang on a hook while in the van . Setting up I keep them on a lanyard round my neck and saves time trying to remember where I put them down .

Car Keys and spare caravan keys go in the safe when we leave the caravan .and only take one set .

Dave

OH once set the alarm off going down the motorway, he doesn't carry them in his pocket now.  Once on site, open caravan door, open lockers and put the locks on, put the keys away. When everything is done and you're settled lock all lockers, lock car and put the keys away. 

This happened to us passing through a small French Town, at first we said somebody`s forgotten to switch off their alarm opening up in the morning after a few minutes we said why is that alarm following us  arrh the caravan. 

• Haha 1