Sign in to follow this  
robhar

Dometic Fridge Vents

Can anyone advise how to remove the new style dometic fridge vents as I want to install a fan kit to help the fridge work in the heat I am expecting this summer. There is a clip on the left which I can push up to release the left side but I cannot see how the right side by the gas exhaust releases. The gas vent section is a separate vent and just lifts off. Should the right side just pull away or is there a special technique to avoid damage.

Pull the left side away once the clip has been released and the right-side should then just come away.

On refitting make sure you have inserted the right hand side fully in as you will find it impossible to push the left hand side over the pin for the clip, I found this out yesterday :blush:

Open the vent as though the right-hand side were a hinge. Once you reach about 45 degrees the right side should come away.

12 minutes ago, Flying Grandad said:

Open the vent as though the right-hand side were a hinge. Once you reach about 45 degrees the right side should come away.

And don't lose the little turn button.   A replacement will cost you between 2 and 3 quid. :o

Thanks all. Vent now off.

1 hour ago, robhar said:

Thanks all. Vent now off.

In one piece, I hope;)

4 hours ago, Jaydug said:

And don't lose the little turn button.   A replacement will cost you between 2 and 3 quid. :o

The new Dometic covers do not have the button turn clips, only on the winter covers..

22 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

The new Dometic covers do not have the button turn clips, only on the winter covers..

Ahh!    With mine, I'm still living at the turn of the century. :blink:

• Haha 2