Bailey scorpio 1993

Complete newbie looking for advice on water connection

Hi there, Just bought my first ever caravan as a bit of a project... So I'm completely new to caravans so might ask some completely obvious questions. 🙈 Trying to figure out what I need to connect water to the caravan. It has a cascade 2 water heater, does this have an internal pump or do I need to buy a external pump? I have put a photo of the water inlet. Any help would be much appreciated. 

_20190521_175100.JPG

Well I'm lost with that, maybe something missing, can you photo the internal side please.

The Cascade does not have it own pump, it will fill from your water system as it needs.

That looks like a very old fitting and you will struggle to find a connector to fit it, like I did.

I just bought a new Truma connection (both parts) and used my existing pump. You will need to buy some sealant to put around the new fitting as well.

Posted (edited)

Looks like an old Whale Watermaster to me. I would replace it with something more up-to-date or you'll always be having issues with the corroded contacts near the base of the unit. Maybe Whale have an upgrade that would fit in the same hole without too much bother.

image.png

Edited by hawkaye
pitcher